Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK... This should interest some of you...

Administrator

England

OK... This should interest some of you...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Good read, really looking forward to this flick. Long live the Horror genre!
    Thanks for the info.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Very, very nice and Im very, very jelous
    "Because it's so raw and because it's so much of George's vision going into it"
    Sounds good. And the hospital scene sounds wicked
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States

Thanks!

Thank you Neil for posting the report and I hope that everyone who reads it finds it enjoyable and informative. That was a great night in Toronto.

Lee

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    fewer zombies.... 1/5 of land budget... that donīt sounds very well for me.

i "think George has been very smart by keeping the script very contained and it's very doable for the money we have"

contained??mmmm...

United States
    very awesome read, very jealous, but none the less glad to see things are going well for George up there in Toronto, he deserves it

United States
    Lee, your honest, no BS opinion... If someone loved Dawn, Night, and Day, but hated Land, how will they react to this?
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057 View Post
    Lee, your honest, no BS opinion... If someone loved Dawn, Night, and Day, but hated Land, how will they react to this?

That is a good question. I honestly don't know. One part of me thinks that if you hated LOTD, then this one might let you down too. I say that because of Romero's work feeling different in his later years, more polished I guess? But Diary is very low budget and with his bad experience with Universal, who knows? Maybe this one will capture that old magic,because he is a little ticked with how Universal took alot of control away from him. Great question, wish I had a better answer for you.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I am hoping that with the lower budget and more creative control DIary will supercede LAND. I hate the polsihed look in Romero's films. I think he works better in a more constrained and edgy fashion. I truly hope DIary doesn't come off looking like a $90 million dollar film... cause that is what LAND looked like and it didn't feel like a Romero film.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    but if it is as bad as land (which means it will be a masterpiece for some ) then do you think romero will throw in the towel with dead films?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nah....I don't think he'll cash in his chips if it's a "failure". Besides, isn't "Diary" intended to be the beginning of a new trilogy?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    but if it is as bad as land (which means it will be a masterpiece for some ) then do you think romero will throw in the towel with dead films?
    Well that all depends on whether Diary is a unit-shifting success or not. If it's the latter then I think he'll have no option but to go back to the original Dead series.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    "Michael even spills a little info on a major upcoming dvd release that he has gotten the rights to, but only in the U.K. So if you are not in England and you have been wishing for a special edition for a certain beloved Romero film, get a region free dvd player soon!"

Wouldn't happen to want to spill the beans to us?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well written and a great read. Bravo, thxleo, ya lucky bastid!

Undisclosed
    Great read.