Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where does a dead zombie's soul go?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Where does a dead zombie's soul go?

Hey,
    I am working on a screenplay that takes place mostly in the afterlife and puts a more philosophical spin on the zombie genre. I wanted to get some imput on what everyone thinks about the soul.
    Ok, so Lets say we are in George A Romero Zombie land, and zombies walk the earth because there is no more room in hell. Now if you are dead, you will rise as a zombie, and if you are alive and bitten, you will turn into a zombie. If you are alive and your brains get eaten, you are no more, and if you are a zombie and your brain gets destroyed, you are a dead undead.

Now, the question is, (and we are assuming that the soul exhists) what happens to your soul when you are a dead zombie or when your brains are eaten by a zombie?

Do you:
    A) Go to heaven by default
    B) Cease to exhist
    C) Your soul still exhists in the matter of your corpse or brain and you are doomed to live your life forever as zombie ****
    D) You go to a crappy overcrouded hell
    E) You go to some other kind of purgatorious place

What do you guys think?
    I have my own ideas and for the purpose of my movie I would have to answer either D or E or some kind of combination of the two, but I wanted some feedback or ideas from some other zombie movie fans.

Dying

Undisclosed
    F) None of the above. I don't believe that zombies rise with their souls intact (i.e. the soul's disposition having been decided upon their original death). They are just re-animated fleshbags. Otherwise, would'nt they be judged for their actions as the undead and not just their natural lives?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADjelly
    E) You go to some other kind of purgatorious place
    which is known in england as the long que in poundland

United States
    I don't have an aswer, but, I asked my girlfriend who was very very busy at the time and she informed me that their souls go "up my a$$ if I don't leave her alone for 5 minutes!" This took about 7 minutes to understand, so......

United States
    i agree the zombies have no souls

their souls go to wherever they would have gone
    before they died and reanimated

it would be an interesting twist to see if
    someone could use psychic ability to
    locate the soul of a zombie and find out what
    the dead think of what is being used of their remains

but good luck on the project

Canada
    I believe that they have no souls...again, when you die, you get judged at the moment of death, doesn't wait til after. you'd still goto hell as hell simply cannot be full. It's infinate, and there is no concept of "space" as we see it here. You could look at it that maybe retarded deamons occupy the dead bodies...I dunno..from my standpoint, the hell is full arguement is mute (being a christian, hell is infinate in size so can never become full) and the dead would have no souls (as the soul leaves after death, and is sent to heaven or hell).

But it's your movie, and don't let religion impact the way you play it out...do it your way, or take the ideas presented here and shape them into something you'd believe fit the universe you are portraying...again, if you look at it from the afterlife perspective, you could make the bodies possessed by deamons, but they don't care much for the state the body is in, and prefer it continue to rot and decay and everything...

If you look at it from a religious stand point, you could fit it into the end of times...but again, change it so it fits your ideas...

hope this helps buddy, and good luck!

Banned User

United States
    If you want to bring religion and hell into it maybe the survivors are the souls who are in purgatory themselves and do not know it. Maybe they themselves have to figure this out as they go through different obstacles and horrors trying to survive. They should not know each other but maybe have commited similar sins. Keep everything a mystery revealing info slowly like a puzzle. What sins did they commit? What is the relationship between their sins and the punishment they are recieving ( being devoured )? Are their victims connected?

In any good story your main character and possibly some supporting characters should go through a dramatic change that alters them on a humanizing level either good or bad.
    Having several characters who are altered completely opposite ( some good, some bad )would bring conflict and more to the story as well.
    These are just suggestions and I am in no way an authority on screenplays but just some of my own theories and opinions. Hope it helps.

Canada
    no souls.... hmmmm well they do retain some chracteristics of there past self.

myself i think soul in limbo, it the body that dead.

United States
    F) California

Canada
    what about Maine? that place sucks eh

Undisclosed

Cmon...we are all grown ups here...

Do you guys really believe in souls?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Well, where are they supposed to go? Detroit?

United States
    I think it would depend on what kind of a person you were before you died..I too am a Christian!
    It's hard to answer that question...What I believe is if you were not a Christian before you died for whatever reason you died you would go to hell . So, I would think it would be demons inhibiting the body using your body to reanimate for whatever reason in GAR's zombie world. Using your old memories( like the zombies went to the mall because of familiarity) to go where u knew before u died.
    Also, you could used end of times like when Jesus comes back for us and leaves the nonbelievers behind the power of Jesus taking up the dead in Christ first like in the Bible..which I believe in with all my heart! You could have the zombies rising from all that power? I know that sounds really way out there...but, afterall zombies are just fiction!
    I dont want to start a whole religious debate ...this just what I think!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel
    I think it would depend on what kind of a person you were before you died..I too am a Christian!
    It's hard to answer that question...What I believe is if you were not a Christian before you died for whatever reason you died you would go to hell . So, I would think it would be demons inhibiting the body using your body to reanimate for whatever reason in GAR's zombie world. Using your old memories( like the zombies went to the mall because of familiarity) to go where u knew before u died.
    Also, you could used end of times like when Jesus comes back for us and leaves the nonbelievers behind the power of Jesus taking up the dead in Christ first like in the Bible..which I believe in with all my heart! You could have the zombies rising from all that power? I know that sounds really way out there...but, afterall zombies are just fiction!
    I dont want to start a whole religious debate ...this just what I think!

lol that was classic...."when Jesus comes back for us".

BTW i apologize if you were being serious.