Thread: New Zelda for the Wii....

Undisclosed

New Zelda for the Wii....

We all know....or should know that the current Zelda on the Wii...Zelda Twilight Princess is a Gamecube game....

Now its an awsome game...but it is a Gamecube game so it hardly uses the Wii Power (doesnt even maximize the Gamecubes power though its up there).... When could we expect another Zelda game specifically designed for the Wii....?

Perhaps sooner than wii think ( )

The new issue of Game Informer (#165) reportedly alleges that the next Wii installment of The Legend of Zelda has been "deep in development for around a year." Admittedly, this rumor comes as little surprise, since consistent first-party support is crucial for Wii's success.

We needn't remind you that Twilight Princess is a GameCube game with tacked on Wii functionality. While no doubt a key asset to the Wii launch, Twilight Princess is not a showcase for the new platform. Rest assured Nintendo has been working on 'that' particular Zelda entry since the moment the Wii concept was birthed. That's not to say we expect a true Wii Zelda before 2008. Remember, Metroid and Mario are holding it down in '07.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/11/ne...urglass-delay/

So its not soon enough on the horizon to start looking forward to it...but its comforting to think that a Wii Zelda will eventualy come to the system...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i wouldnt mind seeing a proper sequel to the wind waker, easily the best cel shading ive ever seen and a great story that seemed a little sad, given that all of hyrule flooded, and at the end it seemed like it wasnt quite finished, but i guess ill wait and see with the phantom hourglass.

one thing thats allways bugged me though ,is if theres a link born whenever one will be need why is it allways a guy with blond hair and a love of green?, i mean it does get boring saving a princess again and again, like why not have a female link for once thatd get round the "princess kidnapped" thing and allow for some kinda origional story for once.

unless the triforce really is a symbol for gay pride then maybe thered still be a princess zelda like that cartoon on newgrounds
    Last edited by Danny; 13-Dec-2006 at 11:07 PM.