Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The so called Scariest Movie EVER

Dying

Undisclosed

The so called Scariest Movie EVER

Ok, I watched the trailer for the movie .Rec (. is the glowing red recording light). I have to admit it looks good. It looks like a combination of Romero (Mister, the people upstairs will do as you say now."), Demons, 28 Days Later and Blair Witch Project. I'll see it...but I might wait for it to hit IFC or Blockbuster first.

Here's the trailer and audience reaction shots...
    Geo the Giant Killer aka Geophyrd aka me
    http://geophyrd.livejournal.com/

England
    Nice find!

Probably not the scariest movie ever, but it still looks neat.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    cool to see the audience react like that...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I definitely want to get my eyes on that.

Super Moderator

United States
    Anyone get info on distribution, please share. The last time I tried to go to the company's main site, it seemed to be down.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    I mentioned this on the undead thread. I definately want to see this movie. And since the movie is made in Spain * I think*, maybe a certain Spainish member could check it out for us.

Undisclosed
    Here's the official web site:

[REC]

It's already been sold to the asshats in Hollywood for a big budget rip-off flop, so there is zero chance that the original will see theatrical release in the USA. Really good idea for a film, though. I don't think it looks at all like Blair WItch. More like COPS meets 28 Days Later.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 10-Nov-2007 at 01:55 AM.

Norway
    There is a chance it will come here though.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Here's the official web site:

[REC]

It's already been sold to the asshats in Hollywood for a big budget rip-off flop, so there is zero chance that the original will see theatrical release in the USA. Really good idea for a film, though. I don't think it looks at all like Blair WItch. More like COPS meets 28 Days Later.
    Sod Hollywood. I'll get the Spanish DVD and watch it with subs.

Thanks for the link.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    I've seen this on a couple of threads now, and each time I want to see it all the more. Glad to hear the "asshats" arranged for distribution, though I am with Legion and will probably seek out the original subtitled version since Hollywood destroys much of the coolness of most orignal product!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    That looks pretty good actually. I hope it is at least released here at least on DVD instead of only the remake, which will probably suck like 98% of all Hollywood remakes.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Administrator

England
    The guy sounds like a bit of a moron (see his points 4 & 5), but let's hope his opinion is still valid...
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35195
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    this dude lost all credibility with his point #5...i closed the webpage as soon as i got that far into the review, sorry.

Super Moderator

UK
    Point 5 is utter gash, I call "wanker" on him.

Also, 28 Weeks Later I'd say is equal to 28 Days Later, I really do...and this coming from me who was so not up for it upon first hearing about it...but instead, it was a rare sequel that lived up to the original. Got the DVD t'other day and it's still as good.

I wouldn't put either above the other now, just level pegging and leave it at that...now, a third film - that I truly don't see making much sense, or giving much new...but who knows...hmmm.

I'll check out this "Rec." thing sometime...the less attention I pay to it, the more impact it'll have I suppose.

England
    I've just seen this and I really don't know what to think about it. Its bloody terrifying in some parts and those audience reactions are very real. There is one major flaw where you think why the he'll didn't they do a certain thing and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I don't want to give too much away but its a very good movie and would have been extremely important for horror if Blair Witch hadn't been made.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA