Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: From the Horse's Mouth....Land IS after Day!

Banned User

United States

From the Horse's Mouth....Land IS after Day!

I don't know if anyone came across this yet, but here goes nuttin'....

From GAR himself:

"It's about ignoring the problem. After the events in Day of the Dead, the remaining survivors are living in exclusive gated communities that protect them from the dead outside. They attempt to live normally while ignoring the problem in the world outside their walls...."
    http://www.wandwvideo.com/news/georgeromero.htm

United States
    Thank you!

Now everybody. Shut up. The man has spoken. We can move on with our lives now...

Undisclosed
    I will be able to sleep tonight. Thanks Sven

Making the world a not so safe place.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie

From GAR himself:

thank you!
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Cool

From GAR himself:

Well buddy i've been waiting to hear something like this from GAR'S mouth and now i have it. However you know that some people don't want to hear the truth. You ever try and hit a really religious bible reading person with a slew of facts and inconsistancies that basicaly prove that what's in the bible can't be true? I'll save you the time , they don't want to hear any of it. Just like with the Land after Day debate, among others, people are gonna believe what they want. So if this debate rages on after this, what can you do?

But what i find more interesting is an excerpt from the same article you linked to. We actually discussed this during a chat session in the not to distant past:

With the subject of Dawn of the Dead breeched, it seemed like a good idea to ask about the currently filming remake with Ving Rhames cast in the Ken Foree role. Romero has noting to do with the project and wasn't asked to be involved, even in an advisory role. Back in June, Ken Foree told me he had auditioned for the remake but wasn't cast in the project either. I hate to editorialize the issue, but it saddens me that Hollywood continues to mine the ideas and loyal following of the zombie genre directly born out of Romero's films, but consistently refuses to let the original mastermind be involved in the current horror frenzy. Instead, younger and less experienced film makers that Hollywood hopes will attract the younger, hipper audience that flock to horror films are allowed to take stabs in the dark at reinventing the genre for the MTV-raised generation.

Bassman311 and i had a discussion on the quality of movies and just who it is that hollywood is trying to attract with the slew of recent remakes and subpar films. He was dead on when he said that teenagers looking for popcorn flicks make up the bulk of today's moviegoing public.

The next issue is the fact that here we have yet another source claiming that people have somehow disrespected Gar by " mining the ideas ...Born directly out of Gar's films" when again it's something we've all heard straight from the horses mouth. That he got the idea for NOTLD from the Novel "I am Legend" and the subsequent movie based on it "Last Man on Earth". Now i know that GAR added alot of his own ideas to the mix just as, GASP!!! Many of todays newbs are doing to his work. It's undeniable that these newbs use GAR's classics as the source material. It's just as undeniable that GAR used I am legend as his. So what's the problem? Sure Gar is the best to ever do it, but does that mean that no one else tried this before him and because of his greatness that no one else should ever try to? Michael Jordan is the best to ever play pro basketball but does that mean that no one came before him and that no one else should ever be allowed to play thier own style? Should everyone have to pattern their game after MJ's to be considered legitimate? Michael himself admits that he patterned his game ( source material ) from the great doctor J. So as every generation for thousands of years has found out , nothing is really new it's just new to them. The following was also posted in another discussion.

Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell
    Matheson must feel special. Some rookie nobody rips off his novel and becomes one of the most monumental directors/writers in the modern zombie film genre. lol. Poor guy.

Let me know what you think. Hit me with some feedback son
    Last edited by darth los; 25-Aug-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    geez! sorry...but you didn't have to imply that I have want of balls.
    Last edited by radiokill; 27-Aug-2006 at 05:07 AM.
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by radiokill

could you choose a less offensive analogy next time?
    I'm sorry if anyone was offended by that comment. I could edit it and take it out but that would be hypocritical. I could make an argument that I'm just as offended when someone interjects religion into a conversation.( I.E. -Thank God or God willing) But i never said anything that wasn't true. I just meant it as an analogy on how some people have no basis on which to believe certain things other than they just do. For, example I had a conversation with a classmate on how he felt gay marriage was wrong, an abomination...etc. So i proceeded to ask him what was the basis for his feelings on that issue. He suprisingly couldn't give me an answer other than just because it is. He sounded like an 8 year old who's in trouble and you ask them why they did what they did and they look at you with this blank stare and tell you "because" or "i don't know". It just didn't make for a good case on why he believed what he did. Also, like it or not religious people don't make good cases on why they believe what they do. Now, i live in New York which i'm sure you know is very diverse. I'm very tolerant of other people's beliefs and lifestyles, but facts are facts. As i stated in a post a couple of weeks ago. I find that when a position is stated in an intelligent manner and people get offended it's probably because your position has some merit and you just hit a nerve. Now, as you probably have figured out by now i'm not a particularly religious person. However, I have read the entire bible from cover to cover along with the Quran and the Talmud. I do not know many people who can honestly say that. To tell you the truth i was not convinced. There's nothing wrong with it if you are. It's called faith and you have that right. I on the other hand, don't take everything that i'm told at face value. I need proof. I'd like to appologize once again if this post rubbed anyone the wrong way as it was not my intention to offend any one.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

From GAR himself:

AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!

Where is Philly Swat?

Quote Originally Posted by darth los
    I'm sorry if anyone was offended by that comment. I could edit it and take it out but that would be hypocritical. I could make an argument that I'm just as offended when someone interjects religion into a conversation.( I.E. -Thank God or God willing) But i never said anything that wasn't true. I just meant it as an analogy on how some people have no basis on which to believe certain things other than they just do. For, example I had a conversation with a classmate on how he felt gay marriage was wrong, an abomination...etc. So i proceeded to ask him what was the basis for his feelings on that issue. He suprisingly couldn't give me an answer other than just because it is. He sounded like an 8 year old who's in trouble and you ask them why they did what they did and they look at you with this blank stare and tell you "because" or "i don't know". It just didn't make for a good case on why he believed what he did. Also, like it or not religious people don't make good cases on why they believe what they do. Now, i live in New York which i'm sure you know is very diverse. I'm very tolerant of other people's beliefs and lifestyles, but facts are facts. As i stated in a post a couple of weeks ago. I find that when a position is stated in an intelligent manner and people get offended it's probably because your position has some merit and you just hit a nerve. Now, as you probably have figured out by now i'm not a particularly religious person. However, I have read the entire bible from cover to cover along with the Quran and the Talmud. I do not know many people who can honestly say that. To tell you the truth i was not convinced. There's nothing wrong with it if you are. It's called faith and you have that right. I on the other hand, don't take everything that i'm told at face value. I need proof. I'd like to appologize once again if this post rubbed anyone the wrong way as it was not my intention to offend any one.

Some people take ananolgies to literally. I am sick of these people whom if you bring up the bible act like you committed the crime of the century. People need to get over themselves. Everyone has a write to free opinion, and free speech. Writing your feelings and making ananolgies is no different. Why is it when someone uses something in comparison they have to be scolded or told you use something less offensive. What was so offensive about it anyways?

Stop being a bunch of sheep and following a dead moement like the PC crowd. It's old and forgotten. Get over it and and in so many words Grow some balls. I agree with Darth and I hope he doesn't edit his comment because it would be hypocritical of him to do so.

Kudo's Darth
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 26-Aug-2006 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Where is Philly Swat?
    He's at the Evans City Cemetery playing HPOTD tetris on his laptop

United States
    some of us new this but didn't feel it was necessary to stab the already decaying horse

Canada
    right on... it ranks up there with the who shot j.r ewing mystery
    Last edited by general tbag; 27-Aug-2006 at 07:32 AM.

Undisclosed
    Svengoolie, you rule! Thanks for the info.

United States
    I never really understood the "argument/debate". To me, the answer was simple-
    Day of the dead - 1985
    Land of the Dead - 2005
    Plus there are no clues in Land to even think it was "before Day".

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    whew.....that's a load off my shoulders. This was killing me....haven't slept in days. Now I can finally move on with my life.

It's not like this even matters, anyway....