Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: An American Spaced????

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

An American Spaced????

This is a friggin horrible idea.....

http://latinoreview.com/news/spaced-...o-america-3181

Why not at least release the f*cking original show on DVD in America before you try to rip it off?!? Damn, this pisses me off. And the guy that's writing it is the guy behind "Will and Grace".

Super Moderator

UK
    Ug, if it even gets beyond a pilot, it'll suck balls, it'll no doubt be gargling in them.

Indeed, release the proper version, because it's the ONLY version. You can't remake a show like Spaced, it's unlike any other show. It's not like something like The Office or Coupling where there are identifiable thematic elements, and the styles are way out there, but with Spaced it's unlike anything else.

But then again, there's a distinct lack of imagination and originality in American media of late.

Kazakhstan
    Well, it's obvious what most people will have to say about this, but nevertheless... bollocks to that idea
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    err, could you imagine an american version?, canned laughter, washed up pop stars doing cameos and really bad acting? anyone eve rsee the pilot for the remake of re ddwarf which still used the proper actors in the opening credits

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh my GAR, the American Red Dwarf pilot was cock-bendingly bad. That Bierko or whatever his name is bloke is alright in my book, but the show itself - just no no no.

I can't remember which series of UK RD it was, but on the DVD for it they did a whole bit about the American pilot and showed a bunch of clips (I ended up downloading the actual pilot from t'internet). Thank heavens they never took it to series, the original show is the f*cking Daddy, nuff said.

United States
    As an American, I offer my apologies to my UK brothers who once again have to endure another USA show ripped off from them. The Hollywood system embarrasses me on some level much more than the fumblings of our political system.

As a media consumer, I fart in the general direction of Hollywood and the entire stupid mainstream entertainment system which cannot seem to come up with original ideas and instead mines the UK, the EU and Asia for things to rip off and adapt into an inferior American version. Or trolls old hit movies for possible "reimaginings" Oh, the humanity!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    meh, im just not keen on us comedy anymore, i find myself watchign stuff like mythbusters, american chopper or ghost hunters and the like more often now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i find myself watchign stuff like mythbusters
    I'm friggin addicted to that show.

Undisclosed
    I managed to Tivo 13 episodes of spaced from BBC America and Loved it!!!

I have been waiting for the rest of the shows...but nothing has been released...

I just saw they are releasing kenny vs. spenny in my country now...I enjoyed the original of course on BBC America and I don't know if the original caste is in the us version but it will not be as good...I can just feel it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Spaced only ran for 2 series, both were 7 episodes long.

So 14 episodes was as long as it went for.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I managed to Tivo 13 episodes of spaced from BBC America and Loved it!!!

I have been waiting for the rest of the shows...but nothing has been released...

I just saw they are releasing kenny vs. spenny in my country now...I enjoyed the original of course on BBC America and I don't know if the original caste is in the us version but it will not be as good...I can just feel it.
    That's how I first saw Spaced, as well.

You can actually see the entire series on Youtube....

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    err, could you imagine an american version?, canned laughter, washed up pop stars doing cameos and really bad acting? anyone eve rsee the pilot for the remake of re ddwarf which still used the proper actors in the opening credits
    There were actually two pilots of Dwarf USA...and as folk are fond of saying round here "it slurped balls" (x2) or whatever.

(I own the entire series of RD...****ing classic!!!).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    *high five*

You've got the entire DVD collection all lined up so it spells the title as well?

Yeaaaaah...

And yes, it is an awesome show.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    On Edgar Wright's page, he's calling for the American version of Spaced be labeled as "McSpaced".

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    *high five*

You've got the entire DVD collection all lined up so it spells the title as well?

Of course I have...anything less would be obscene my friend!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon