Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night of the Living dead 30th....

Undisclosed

Thumbs down Night of the Living dead 30th....

just got through watching night 30th with a couple of heinikens and let me just say.....

I am glad i have 2 nuts 1 for Russo and 1 for Streiner 2 suck on....man did those pair of losers ever rape Romero's great masterpiece!!

I no i no this piece of shiit is already 11 years old and i didn't give a squirt of piss to ever see it then, but i found it in the used rack today for 5 bucks and figured what the hell......i would have rather bought a beer.
    The extra scenes were bullshiit especially the end, cheesy ass score, and not to mention the credits were practically the entire Russo and Streiner fricken family tree!
    I'll bet George's corn hole is still killing him today for this one!!!
    Well in short i guess we knew who the talent was and these losers went along for the ride non talent bastards...man that felt great to vent!!!

Long live the master George A. Romero...and looking forward to seeing Dawn in 3D and George's new one!!!

United States
    i've posted on this in another thread, but this movie is so fucking terrible it's worth typing it again:

when i first moved out on my own and began building my movie collection, one of the first films on my list to get was NOLD...i ordered a copy from a vendor on amazon.com and the fuckhead sent me this piece of garbage. i was a little more than offended/nauseated/pissed/upset about not only the dipshit selling me such a shitty movie while advertising it as the original, but even more so by the fact that this movie was even fucking made....seriously, who would want to be a part of something so fucking cheesy?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    yep bro, that flick is a right and proper piece of shite. all the negatives and copies of it ought to be shot into the fucking sun to burn up and rid the solar system of one of the most titanic turds ever.

words utterly fail to describe this complete and total desecration for which there is no defense at all. anyone trying to defend this garbage should be dipped in honey, tied down and fed to fire ants.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post

when i first moved out on my own and began building my movie collection, one of the first films on my list to get was NOLD...i ordered a copy from a vendor on amazon.com and the fuckhead sent me this piece of garbage.
    ugh. that's like ordering a thin lizzy record and getting some piece of shit by biggie smalls instead.
    Last edited by Mike70; 08-May-2009 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed

Thumbs down yup...

Thanx fellas 4 typing what i may have left out....first i thought i was drunk but then realized it was the movie because i began to get the shiits!!!

Maan i would love to bitch slap Russo & Streiner for this masterpiece of shiit then dick slap hinzman for taking part in this crap!!!

To think i gave up a beer for this turd!!!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...this movie makes me wanna.... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

United States
    I have always loved Harry Knowles review of the 30th, especially this excerpt:

"I know NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. I love this film. It’s one of the first films that made me love filmgoing and film fandom. And these perverted fucking assholes have fucked that, and I goddamn bought the piece of shit, and I’m broke right now and I’M PISSED CAUSE I WOULD RATHER BUY AN EXTRA 100 PACKETS OF TOILET PAPER AND TAMPONS FOR MY SISTER. I would rather own those things... hell.... even keep em once they are soiled, than own this piece of shit. It is festering in my house and getting me into a fit of anger just knowing I’m sharing the same house as it. In fact, I am going to tell Dad to go put it in the Brown Van. A vehicle that is DEAD... Worthless..... The place where worthless shite should be stored. THIS IS ABOMINABLE!"

The rest of the review, if you haven't seen it, pretty much mirrors what most fans think:
    http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=4397

I do hope that at the very least our honored board member Gary Streiner got something out of the 30th. As an initial investor in the original, I hate to think that he did not get at least some token of appreciation for the 30th.

Along those lines, I do wonder what Gary might have to say about the travesty which was NOLD 30th anniversary release? How involved was he in this release, or was he involved in it at all? Who made the very bad decision to cut up the movie and add the useless new footage? Who the hell hired that Anton LaVey lookalike to do the mediocre-at-best new soundtrack and decided to give him a role in the film?

Poor Gary! I guess it's kind of unfair to ask him to essentially point out who the fans should shower their wrath upon for this widely hated version of NOLD.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 08-May-2009 at 08:21 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I have always loved Harry Knowles review of the 30th, especially this excerpt:
    that review cracked me the hell up the first time i read it. i particularly like the part where he suggests that john russo should be buried alive for what he did to the original.

i also love this bit:

IMAGINE: if in addition to the little things George Lucas did to Star Wars, he cut out the scenes between Luke and Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. Imagine if half the dialogue between Luke and OB1 was removed. If a third of all dialogue between R2 and 3PO was removed. If all new sound effects were brought in. If additional music written by Christopher Young was added (In a Different Style). If Light Sabers sounded DIFFERENT. If Darth Vader’s heavy breathing was done by an asthmatic with a microphone. THEN they added in scenes with a new character called Voltent and Wodstar, and they were on another planet all together where everything was fine. Then they added additional Stormtroopers running around halls and bumping into one another.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    Maan i would love to bitch slap Russo & Streiner for this masterpiece of shiit then dick slap hinzman for taking part in this crap!!!
    Now you guys are scaring me.

Undisclosed

Thumbs down

well i know where this junk is going right next to my last roll of toliet paper...hopefully i can get some use for my 5 bucks!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Who the hell hired that Anton LaVey lookalike to do the mediocre-at-best new soundtrack and decided to give him a role in the film?
    Gotta love those scenes with the 21-year-old Reverend Lucifer Bucktooth talking fire and brimstone in a whiny, arhythmic, monotone voice, where Russo's direction is so bad that every time the Reverend raises his Bible (which is 50% of the time, because the non-actor that plays him has obvious stagefright and is waving the prop around to take attention away from himself) his face is totally obscured right in the middle of his big scene.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Gotta love those scenes with the 21-year-old Reverend Lucifer Bucktooth talking fire and brimstone in a whiny, arhythmic, monotone voice, where Russo's direction is so bad that every time the Reverend raises his Bible (which is 50% of the time, because the non-actor that plays him has obvious stagefright and is waving the prop around to take attention away from himself) his face is totally obscured right in the middle of his big scene.
    I'm assuming 'Anton' Vladimir Licina () got the part because he (de)composed the new score.

I can actually see what Russo was trying to attempt, essentially bring forth a crisp clean NOTLD, with new scenes that would add some depth. Thing is, they took OUT fifteen minutes of good material and added fifteen minutes of bad material. I think if they left it all in (including classic score), dropped the new characters (the gravediggers and priest were f**king pitiful) and kept some of the new scenes (the Beekmans zombies looked cool, as did the car feast, and some of the posse scenes) then it might not have been so bad.

Why on Earth did they go for round two with Children Of The Living Dead? That is one dogs dinner of a movie. And I hear they are going for round three as well.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I'm assuming 'Anton' Vladimir Licina () got the part because he (de)composed the new score.

I can actually see what Russo was trying to attempt, essentially bring forth a crisp clean NOTLD, with new scenes that would add some depth. Thing is, they took OUT fifteen minutes of good material and added fifteen minutes of bad material. I think if they left it all in (including classic score), dropped the new characters (the gravediggers and priest were f**king pitiful) and kept some of the new scenes (the Beekmans zombies looked cool, as did the car feast, and some of the posse scenes) then it might not have been so bad.

Why on Earth did they go for round two with Children Of The Living Dead? That is one dogs dinner of a movie. And I hear they are going for round three as well.
    I do hear what you are saying and agree. When I had first heard about the idea behind the 30th, I was really excited since I thought that they would "add" to one of my favorite films. I actually ran out an bought it on the day of release and rushed home with it.

A few hours later my wife comes home and finds me walking around the apartment, talking angrily to myself like one of those lunatics you used to see shouting at imaginary people on the street.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

capncnut
    When I had first heard about the idea behind the 30th, I was really excited since I thought that they would "add" to one of my favorite films. I actually ran out an bought it on the day of release and rushed home with it.

A few hours later my wife comes home and finds me walking around the apartment, talking angrily to myself like one of those lunatics you used to see shouting at imaginary people on the street.
    I first saw it on the shelf at HMV and the caption read, "including fifteen minutes of never before seen material". Naturally I came close to shitting my pants on the spot and coughed up the dollar sharpish. Like you, a couple of hours later I was totally bummed.

I used the case as a joint rolling 'rest' for about ten years and only keep the film for the behind the scenes Karl Hardman footage. Oh, and this little slice of hilarity:

"Yeah, they're dead
    yeah, they're dead
    y-y-yeah, they're dead
    shoot 'em in the head"

United States
    cap, was that shit on the bonus features on the dvd?

i think i was so disgusted after forcing myself to suffer through the film (still perma-scarred, that's why i refuse to ever watch ghey08) that i trashed the dvd or traded it in without even bothering with the menus.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    cap, was that shit on the bonus features on the dvd?

i think i was so disgusted after forcing myself to suffer through the film (still perma-scarred, that's why i refuse to ever watch ghey08) that i trashed the dvd or traded it in without even bothering with the menus.
    Yeah, it was a bonus music video which remixed the new score called 'Dance Of The Dead'. The priest guy wrote and recorded the piece.

You should've watched the bonus material, you might've thought twice about chucking it. The fifteen minute featurette is better than the whole movie. It has a bunch of the NOTLD oldies behind the scenes, including Hinzman larking around during the coffin scene, and nattering with his family later on.

Then again, the DVD also contains an utterly stupid scene from Flesh Eater (aka Zombie Nosh, a title I've always found funny ).
    Last edited by capncnut; 09-May-2009 at 05:59 AM.