Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday the 14th now on Netflix.... why, exactly? :D

United States

Saturday the 14th now on Netflix.... why, exactly? :D

So I was digging through Netflix the other day, looking for something to pass the time and I happened to stumble across Saturday the 14th. I haven't seen that movie since it first arrived on home video! I added it to my queue, got about 15 minutes into it and wondered aloud, "why the hell am I watching this? wtf?!"

Anyone else see this, ummmm, "flick"? Weird to say the least.

Super Moderator

United States
    Gotta be honest, I'll have to "MZ" this one and admit to having never seen it. It sounds like another one of those bad Scary parody films, am I wrong?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    What's amazing is there was a sequel.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Gotta be honest, I'll have to "MZ" this one and admit to having never seen it. It sounds like another one of those bad Scary parody films, am I wrong?
    Yes, you are correct. Sorta. I don't think it was a "parody" of a particular film, but was certainly a parody of horror films in general. At least it seemed to be. Honestly, as weird as this flick is, it's kinda hard to tell what they were shooting for!

Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    What's amazing is there was a sequel.
    WHAT!?!? There is actually a sequel to this thing?!?! *insert epic facepalm here*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Cheeky bugger.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Cheeky bugger.

So, MZ - have you seen Saturday the 14th?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

So, MZ - have you seen Saturday the 14th?
    Nope.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've never heard of this either. After looking it up on imdb, I'm going to have to give it a shot. It already gave me a laugh that Jeffrey Tambor is in it!

Now if only my wireless router wasn't a piece of sh*t and I could use netflix.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I've never heard of this either. After looking it up on imdb, I'm going to have to give it a shot. It already gave me a laugh that Jeffrey Tambor is in it!

Now if only my wireless router wasn't a piece of sh*t and I could use netflix.....
    wow. seriously never heard of this? it's a quirky, kinda goofy movie that for some reason i have fond memories of. i'm pretty sure it revolves around richard benjamin's family and the possession of an "evil book."

the one thing i do remember is that the tv will only tune into "twilight zone" episodes.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    I may have watched the movie in the early 80's. Does this movie have a gillman with a dorsal fin on its head?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I've seen the original, once....

And I've seen the sequel....once...

when I was about 12 years old I think. I was a massive fan of Friday the 13th by that point, having spent summer holidays literally renting one after the other after the other....

We were lent Saturday the 14th by a neighbour...at the time I specifically remember it made me laugh about one time, and that was more of a snigger, a slight chuckle.

Number 2 was even worse - although I do very specifically remember a guy trying to feed his girlfriend a bit of food after she'd been turned into a lifesized doll, which did make me chuckle.

Awful movie.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Ireland
    A dreadful piece of shite, but it was in every video shop when I was a kid. Remember sort of seeing it, but couldn't tell you anything about it. Vaguely remember the cover of the video having a terribly drawn vampire on the front.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    Wait a second, hold the presses! Contrary to my early report, I have seen this movie! In fact, for years I tried to figure out the title of this film as I could only remember the tiniest bits and pieces of it from my childhood.

Thanks, Lou...I was seriously trying to figure out the name of this movie for ages.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    A dreadful piece of shite.
    My new favourite phrase...next to "you terrible c*nt"
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    A dreadful piece of shite, but it was in every video shop when I was a kid. Remember sort of seeing it, but couldn't tell you anything about it. Vaguely remember the cover of the video having a terribly drawn vampire on the front.
    no doubt if i were to watch it today, i would also pronounce it a "dreadful piece of shite" (i'm stealing that phrase by the way). granted, i've not seen this since i was like 12 or 13 and now that i really think about it, i don't care to. i've already fucked up enough fond childhood memories by re-watching stuff as an adult. "land of the lost" being at the top of the list.

-- -------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    "you terrible c*nt"
    man, you guys throw that word around almost to the point where it has no force. that is the one word and i mean the one word that you do not use in public over here. it is so taboo that it borders on the ridiculous. it is also the easiest way to cause a woman to come literally unglued over here. if you do call a woman that, you'd better be quick at ducking because shit is going to start flying at your head.
    Last edited by Mike70; 26-Mar-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: f
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."