Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rambo 5 (film)

Administrator

England

Rambo 5 (film)

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Kinda makes sense, the final shot of the previous film shows him returning to the family farm.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Kinda makes sense, the final shot of the previous film shows him returning to the family farm.
    Which is part of the reason that I worry about the necessity for a Rambo 5. The fourth movie ended on a perfect note - Rambo finally returns home - so I really hope a fifth movie doesn't undo all that good work.

*fingers crossed*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Which is part of the reason that I worry about the necessity for a Rambo 5. The fourth movie ended on a perfect note - Rambo finally returns home - so I really hope a fifth movie doesn't undo all that good work.

*fingers crossed*
    Seems like I read somewhere that the villains are drug cartel and it all involves the Rambo farm somehow? If that’s true, at least it’s not finding a way to dump Rambo in the jungle again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Stallone shared another image of Farmer John.....Rambo...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Boh5KIGD...on_share_sheet

Tried posting the image, but can’t figure out that friggin Instagram crap...

Also, Paz Vega has joined the cast as Carmen Delgado, "a reporter who covers the Mexican drug trade and teams up with Rambo after her younger half-sister is kidnapped”. So it sound like that drug cartel rumor could be true...
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Oct-2018 at 01:48 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    I know what you mean. Instagram seems a bit awkward if you want to post stuff elsewhere, or just simply save a copy of an image to your computer FFS.

Being that Stallone keeps himself in insane shape (especially for his age), this should work alright ... Indiana Jones 5 on the other hand? Ford's no mess or anything, but hmmm...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The Last Blood has been given the release date of September 20, 2019.

I’m glad they’ve decided to end the series(allegedly) with this film rather than leave it open for further sequels or spinoffs. In a world where every franchise looks for a way to continue on and on, it’s refreshing when a series definitively has an ending.

Hopefully they can stick the landing and send the character out on a high note! While I can enjoy the last film and Part II for their over-the-top nature(didn’t care for Part III at all), I’m hoping this one goes back to the style of First Blood, which is the only truly great entry of this series, IMO.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm a big fan of the fourth movie, and I thought that one ended the franchise perfectly with Rambo finally returning home all those decades after the Vietnam war had ended. Hopefully this one doesn't screw things up and pull a Rocky 5.

Ireland
    I think they've all been bunkum except for 'First Blood', which is a very fine picture. Watched it again recently with Stallone's commentary and it was quite interesting. Sly has some funny stories, like when he walked into a bar full of hard lads, dressed in his Rambo gear...and ordered a Campari and soda.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can enjoy the fourth film under the right mindset and acceptance that it’s a sort of “heightened reality”. The gore is fun for us gore hounds, but it kind of suffers from the same thing that they introduced in the previous sequels, which is turning John Rambo into a sort of superhero. I’m not totally against films like that, there’s a time and place for them, but in First Blood, Rambo is more of an ordinary guy in an extraordinary situation. Of course he’s a tortured soul because of his past, but he’s still just your average Joe being thrust into a bad event.

So in that sense, I hope they can bring some of that realism back to Last Blood. With Rambo being home and this involving the Cartel, I think they should have the perfect opportunity to bring it back to that “ordinary guy, extraordinary events” type of film.

Ireland
    ^

Yeh, that's my problem with the series, after 'First Blood'. It's just stupid. Whereas, the first film is an entirely different exercise altogether. It's also the issue I have with the Rocky series too. I have time for 'Rocky I' and 'Rocky II', which are great. But after that, it's a parody.

As for 'Last Blood', it's too late to repair the series for me.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiR7Cz0vc0w

Leaked trailer from Cannes.

Looks pretty sweet, actually.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    D’oh! Only thirty minutes after you posted and they’ve already removed it.

Hopefully it’s officially released soon!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    D’oh! Only thirty minutes after you posted and they’ve already removed it.

Hopefully it’s officially released soon!
    Dang.

Well, it showed some stuff at his home ranch (seems bad guys invade it at one point). He whips out his massive knife, there's some big ass explosions in a field (seemingly a trap set in what is possible one of the barren fields on the land of his home), and lots of grumbly talk about violence and killing and such like. Stallone still looks like an absolute beast of a man.

I was a bit down on the idea as the 4th one ended so neatly with him going home, but having seen the trailer of "Last Blood" now, I'm kinda psyched.