Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to join my little business venture then?

Administrator

England

Who wants to join my little business venture then?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    just goes to show that the first victim of any type of "fundamentalism" is a sense of humor.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    just goes to show that the first victim of any type of "fundamentalism" is a sense of humor.
    Do you realise Muhammed is the second most common baby boys name now in the UK! (Not including teddy bears!) Likely to become no1 next year!

I fully expect to see in the news tomorrow - keeping in mind how crazy this whole matter is - that the teddy has been question in court, and as he wasn't able to offer any evidence in his defense he is to be stoned to death infront of an angry mob burning Winnie The Poo pictures!

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Kazakhstan
    "oh no i went to strict muslim country and named a child's plaything after their most venerated prophet, and now i'm in trouble! has the world gone mad"

yes indeed, but you can take solace in the knowledge that you have the moral highground as you get lashed you BLOODY IDIOT

zero sympathy from liamland! if youre going to live and work within close proximity of nutters, tread lightly
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

England
    thing is it wasnt her who named the teddy,is was one of the kids in her class,whos name....wait for it....is mohammed!the poor woman probably thought she was helping to make the world a better place by teaching over there,and look whats happened!this is why britain must NEVER allow sharia law,despite how much certain islamofascists bleat on about it.bunch of pricks.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    thing is it wasnt her who named the teddy,is was one of the kids in her class,whos name....wait for it....is mohammed!the poor woman probably thought she was helping to make the world a better place by teaching over there,and look whats happened!this is why britain must NEVER allow sharia law,despite how much certain islamofascists bleat on about it.bunch of pricks.
    If she had turned down the suggestion and instead used a nice Anglo-Saxon name instead, we'd be hearing people crying 'foul' and the racism card would be played...

So in good spirit she let the children name the teddy after one of their class mates, and bingo bango... In walk the nutters...
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its bollocks, the dude my aunt married is a muslim called mohammed and he doesnt give too ****s either, its like the asian equivalent of james or daniel, sure the phropet mohammed was called, well, mohammed but theres plenty of mexican guys named jesus too.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I always wanted to start a website where its just pictures of the Prophet Mohammed "Feces be upon him" getting gang raped by jackals or pictures of the koran in a toilet with poop on it.

Super Moderator

UK
    I too think the whole thing is utterly pathetic.

Indeed, the kids named it and it was named after one of the children - not the prophet.

Also, how weak does your faith have to be that you get into such a fuss over a f*ckin' teddy bear, I mean really - it literally is super lame. Lame incarnate even.

So it's okay to call a bunch of kids Mohammed, but not an inanimate object - even one as inoffensive as a teddy bear, an object of comfort to children. Naming a bunch of kids Mohammed is fine, but you can't have a cartoon and you can't have a teddy with that name, geeeez...

Oh yeah, the David Blaine South Park episode was on today on MTV - guess what - featuring a SP version of Mohammed as one of the Super Best Friends. *gasps in fright*

And lashes - come the f*ck on...that's so 16-something-er-uther.

England
    @ khardis do it....doooooo iiiiiitttt

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm in!

We could produce little mohammed teddies holding bombs as well.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I'm in!

We could produce little mohammed teddies holding bombs as well.
    if they are holding danish flags i'm right there with ya.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Kazakhstan
    oh come on

just think about it, youre in F*CKING SUDAN for christ's sake

DO NOT GIVE A CHILD'S PLAYTHING THE NAME OF THEIR MOST REVERED PROPHET

yes it was named after a kid in the class - but the kid just happens to have the same name as their prophet? hello??? COMMON SENSE?

the sudanese government pays janjaweed militias to slaughter christians in the sudan region

you would have thought someone with COMMON SENSE would have read up on this before they moved there, and subsequently MADE VERY SURE NOT TO STEP ON SUCH DANGEROUS PEOPLE'S TOES

i mean come on, you can sit there and be like "oh but it was named after a kid" "oh how backward" "oh the poor woman" - but are you honestly defending such idiocy? did it not occur to her to circumnavigate such a potentially sticky situation? is she actually retarded?

sorry but she FAILS, and there is no rational way around it.

the sudanese government are going way over the top, and muslim councils around the world agree, but the woman was still being stupid!

it's equivalent to say, one day you are VERY hungry and have a banana in your jacket, suddenly a policeman mistakes you for a criminal, points his gun at you.

now, do you reach in your jacket for the banana?

DO YOU F*CK!

if someone is waiting to catch you out, chiggidy check yo self before they bring the tazir down on you

i know many of you guys like to point out how outrageously everyone overreacts to everything and how Political correctness has gone mad, but even with that in mind i fail to see how you find that stupid woman so blameless.

and yes, they have a problem with naming even a kid's toy muhammed - they have a blanket policy of just not f*cking with the name of their prophet - otherwise you have to compile a neverending list of what's ok and what's not - and that is how political correctness begins, when people need to be TOLD what is right and wrong instead of exercising COMMON SENSE

...right?

oh yeah and

Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    I always wanted to start a website where its just pictures of the Prophet Mohammed "Feces be upon him" getting gang raped by jackals or pictures of the koran in a toilet with poop on it.
    why would you want to do that?

oh wait yeah, because youre prejudiced. big lols
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

Germany
    And her stupidity does not excuse the barbarity of that culture. You choose to focus on a the stupidity of a well meaning and, by any rational standard, innocuous act while others choose to focus on the utterly barbaric culture surrounding islam. I, for one, think the latter is of greater concern irrespective of the stupidity of the woman. Just a matter of preference, of course. There is nothing prejudiced about recognizing the pattern of barbarity in a culture...(even our own - abortion clinic christian terrorists anyone?). Sorry if that culture is offended...too bad. Don't beat women with lashes and you won't get criticized for it... especially when that woman was raped such as what is going on in Saudi Arabia right now.

Super Moderator

UK
    I do agree with the 'one woman VS a comparitive many' argument, while the sort of people whose faith is so weak they're threatened by a teddy bear named after a child by the child's school chums are in the minority, they shout the loudest - which represents a negative view of the entire apple cart.

I think the normal Muslims, the majority, should come out loud & proud and say that they think this is utter nonsense and they're not offended at all - as a few have been. In issues like this, the common sense merchants need to speak up, and beat down on the sort of idiots who call slamming a woman up in jail without charge (until now, but before she wasn't apparently) over a teddy bear and yet still call it a "minute" incident.

A minute incident this is not, a minute incident is dropping your phone on the floor and thinking for a moment you broke it.

I read something today about a couple who were KILLED for wearing WESTERN trousers ... killed over clothing from the West ... yeah, that's sensible.

Shockingly enough, not everybody goes around on eggshells, and heavens-to-betsy, some people actually insult others by sheer accident and by no intentional means ... but you know what happens when rational people are insulted, they figure out why it happened and the perpetrator (non-intentional perp) apologises and everyone's happy as Larry.

So heavens forbid a well meaning person should accidentally cause offense over something as innocent as a teddy bear, something which has left millions of people across the globe scratching their heads with confusion and expressions of "WHAT?!", except for the few who are proceeding with persecution over such a retarded matter.

Even if a society somewhere else isn't up to our speed, say in a position we were in a few hundred years ago, it's still retarded.

And come on - if you were seeking to deliberately cause offense, you'd do something worse than call a teddy bear Mohammed.

And yet it's fine to call a person - a mortal being capable of heinous acts - Mohammed. So some person called Mohammed could run off and rape and kill and steal, and that's not an insult to "the prophet" because they share the same name? And yet ... getting bent out of shape over a teddy bear ... now that is the opportunity to say "oh come on", in my opinion.

Okay, that's my side and some of my thoughts plucked fresh from the cuff, so there's no need to get into a great long diatribe about it, brick-wall-discussions are boring...just sayin', geez.