Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight zombies in an abandoned shopping mall

Administrator

England

Fight zombies in an abandoned shopping mall

...about 45mins from me...

In this spectacular ‘full immersion’ experience, you’ll be briefed and armed by the Police Special Zombie Bashing Unit. They’ll fill you in on the full, unfolding, undead apocalypse that is going down in Reading town. An apocalypse that, for once, you didn’t cause, but will have to try and fix.

Then you’ll hit the spooky, deserted shopping mall, but you won’t be shopping for that lovely little Pashmina you saw in Littlewoods. Instead, you and your team will be depleting the zombie population with full Bronson-style perspicacity. Using state of the art special effects and large, blood-inducing props you’ll tackle a series of computer game like missions in a full-on 'run and gun' gore fest.
    http://wish.co.uk/zombie-shopping-mall/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ...about 45mins from me...
    You need to do this, Neil. For science.

Okay, if you don't buy that, then do it for hpotd and write an article about it. It'd be over the top nerdy and cool (yes, it's possible to be both at the same time).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    £120 though
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

England
    Friend linked me to this yesterday. Only a short train ride away...hmmm

Tea,coffee and snack bars are provided! My kind of zombie apocalypse

Administrator

England
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...l-of-duty.html

Like in a shoot-’em-up video game, 15 of us tiptoed in the dark with glow sticks strapped to our bullet-proof vests. Then a scream sparks panic.

Armed with pump-action shotguns — which fire plastic bullets — and coming face-to-face with one of the creatures is horrifying, actors or not.

I unleash a flurry of bullets into the three walking corpses, sending them flying on to their backs.

From then on the four-hour hunt races past in an adrenaline-fuelled blur of blood-spattered walls and reanimated corpses.

Being chased through a disused children’s play area — ball pit and all — is an eerie experience.

While more Shaun Of The Dead than Dawn Of The Dead, for £119 it is a bloody great day out.

I assume the pictures are misleading as the zombies surely have to wear goggles?

-Carl Sagan

England
    Do you think they'll do group discount? Get a whole bunch of us UK HPOTD'ers together for a live action game of Left 4 Dead!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Do you think they'll do group discount? Get a whole bunch of us UK HPOTD'ers together for a live action game of Left 4 Dead!
    I read through the site, and they do specifically mention no discounts for groups - the thing about this is, the mall could be demolished any second - so they don't know when it's gonna end - but it could be a ploy to get in mass bookings, so no group discount blah blah

I just booked two tickets, it's down the road from me in Surrey. Myself and my gf are gonna go kick some zombie ass!!

The good thing is, you don't pick a date when you buy your ticket - they send you a pack which you use a code to book your date - so theoretically anyone wanting to sync up dates can do so in an easy way!!

-- -------- Post added 12-Apr-2012 at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-Apr-2012 at 10:08 PM ----------

We got our tickets this morning - that was proper quick.

Can I just say - in lieu of this thread dying and this event disappearing off the face of the Earth...ask yourself how many zombie-experience days there are, then ask yourself just how many of them are situated in an abandoned mall and THEN ask yourself, just how likely in our lifetimes is it to see an experience offered like this EVER again? It's worth the £120 - this is literally once in a lifetime here fellas.

it's only £120, and you will never ever get to run and gun zombies in a shopping mall, ever again.
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 12-Apr-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: asasas
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I read through the site, and they do specifically mention no discounts for groups - the thing about this is, the mall could be demolished any second - so they don't know when it's gonna end - but it could be a ploy to get in mass bookings, so no group discount blah blah

I just booked two tickets, it's down the road from me in Surrey. Myself and my gf are gonna go kick some zombie ass!!

The good thing is, you don't pick a date when you buy your ticket - they send you a pack which you use a code to book your date - so theoretically anyone wanting to sync up dates can do so in an easy way!!

-- -------- Post added 12-Apr-2012 at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-Apr-2012 at 10:08 PM ----------

We got our tickets this morning - that was proper quick.

Can I just say - in lieu of this thread dying and this event disappearing off the face of the Earth...ask yourself how many zombie-experience days there are, then ask yourself just how many of them are situated in an abandoned mall and THEN ask yourself, just how likely in our lifetimes is it to see an experience offered like this EVER again? It's worth the £120 - this is literally once in a lifetime here fellas.

it's only £120, and you will never ever get to run and gun zombies in a shopping mall, ever again.
    When do you envisage going?
    -Carl Sagan

Aaland
    I want to know if I can grab some goodies from the sporting goods store while I'm in the mall. I think it's a requirement for anyone living in a zombie world that you have to get swag from at least one shop in the payment of dead zombies and spent ammunition.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    When do you envisage going?
    We're probably going to do ours the first or second week of June - we're going to check tonight and book. I'll post my date here in case anyone else is thinking of going...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    We're probably going to do ours the first or second week of June - we're going to check tonight and book. I'll post my date here in case anyone else is thinking of going...
    Psyched to read your recount of the event. Hope it's a good time for you both, Symph.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Psyched to read your recount of the event. Hope it's a good time for you both, Symph.
    Thanks bro, we'll be looking into getting some sneaky videos recorded as we do it too, so hopefully I can post something back!

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Hi Guys,

We do not allow video or other media recordings of the first part of the event. This isn't to prevent a true experience being documented, but to stop others who have paid their money having their own event spoiled by others posting the scenario on youtube etc. Anyone found to have surreptitiously planted recording equipment on their person risk being removed from the event. All this is explained in a confirmation e-mail sent when bookings are done. Hope you guys understand. There is ample opportunity for participants to record their experiences in the second 'go it alone' phase, plus the chance to have your photo taken with the zombies at the end of the event.

Cheers,

Zed.

Undisclosed
    Uh oh, looks like now someone and his conspirators are going to be subjected to a TSA style pat downs before being let in.

There are plenty of abandonded shopping malls in the U.S. here but all the empty stores get used for now are indoctrination meetings for multi-level marketing pyramid schemes.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed Events View Post
    Hi Guys,

We do not allow video or other media recordings of the first part of the event. This isn't to prevent a true experience being documented, but to stop others who have paid their money having their own event spoiled by others posting the scenario on youtube etc. Anyone found to have surreptitiously planted recording equipment on their person risk being removed from the event. All this is explained in a confirmation e-mail sent when bookings are done. Hope you guys understand. There is ample opportunity for participants to record their experiences in the second 'go it alone' phase, plus the chance to have your photo taken with the zombies at the end of the event.

Cheers,

Zed.
    How are you connected to the event exactly?

Seems its getting a lot of attention, with even the Sun posting an article, so is it proving popular? If so, do you think "The Walking Dead" series has helped too?
    -Carl Sagan