Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP to Fangoria.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

RIP to Fangoria.

They have been sold to a new company, and things are in total disarray. They wiped the classic forums clean and took the mods away, replaced them with dickheads who disrespect disgruntled members.

Am I the only one who is hurt by this?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    possibly actually, its rarely mentioned around here and i stopped buying it a year or so ago because of how own hill its gone.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    possibly actually, its rarely mentioned around here and i stopped buying it a year or so ago because of how own hill its gone.
    Yeah, I don't buy Fangoria now either. The quality of reportage has seriously gone down and it seems a little too sci-fi orientated now, even though it was a sci-fi mag to begin with initially.

I still enjoy looking through the old mags I've managed to keep over the years. Classic period Fango rocked!

United States
    I agree - the reporting turned shoddy and unreliable and just wasn't like the Fango it had been in the past. Glad you kept those old issues, Cap, to keep the memories alive!

Christmas Island
    I used to subscribe to Fango (as well as Starlog) during the 80s. Kept a few of them, including the one announcing Dawn finally coming to home video.

Undisclosed
    Yikes, I am going to get lip for this but, here it goes, I started in HPOTD during the old forums, made a lot of friends and then the powers to be recontructed the forums, I was one of the disgruntle ones that stay away for awhile, but my love for the genre brought me back, niel let me have it sort of speak when I protested about the new forums, but I slowly but surely came back, maybe for all you fangoria fans just give it a little time, they might get it right eventualy,

P.S. No dog poop on my door steps please
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Undisclosed
    My dad threw away all my old issues of Fangoria from the 80's in the trash. F***ing prick. I only have 2 vintage issues from 1982 left and a few from the 90's.

United States
    Ooh, man, that hurts! Some would liken that to having their moms throw out their old baseball cards...

ViP

United States
    Good riddance. They have been about commercial BS for years. Stuff like The Fog remake makes the cover. Back in the day you'd see something like Rawhead Rex on the cover but nowadays it is all about the corporate reach around.

Magazines worth checking out are Rue Morgue, HorrorHound and Scars.

Undisclosed
    Yeah, I had been collecting Fangoria since the '81-'82 years. All the way up to '89. Saw the making of Freddy and his alternate designs. Creepshow when it came out. Day of the Dead coverage. Hellraiser. All the stuff that was in the 1980's.

United States
    Hmmm ... I never really bought or read Fango on a regular basic.

I think I still have a copy of the 1st issue (Dawn on the cover) and the Day of the Dead issue. They're, I think, in a box somewhere at my brother's house.

I have the Land of the Dead issue around here somewhere.

So, basically, no ... I won't miss the old Fango.

-stray-

United States
    Yeah,I stopped buying Fangoria awhile ago.It's not as good as it use to be.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Never got into it... always felt it to be a freakin rip-off. At least where I've seen it... most stores I recall selling it for like $8 an issue!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Never got into it... always felt it to be a freakin rip-off. At least where I've seen it... most stores I recall selling it for like $8 an issue!
    At least when I got the past issues back in the day, they were much cheaper. Better written and weren't afraid to sell a shocking cover page. Btw, I collected Monster Land, too during the 80's. And they were also tossed out by my dad. I only have one issue left that was hidden from my dad. And it covers the concept art of Return of the Living Dead, before its release.

Canada
    Use to buy it, only have one copy now, that with Stephen as a zombie on the cover,
    and an interview with the stars of the movie, it was released in summer of 92. Just lost
    interest in the mag after, but it is too bad it went downhill after