Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beetlejuice 2?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Beetlejuice 2?

The idea has been tossed around since the first film's release, but now they've hired writers to actually begin working on a "reboot"/sequel.

Warner Bros. has just signed a first look feature producing deal with David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith. That may not mean anything to you, but the end result is likely this: We're getting another BEETLEJUICE movie.

The Deadline article is scant on details, but is adamant that one of two new projects the duo is working on will in fact be another BEETLEJUICE film. The word is that this will not be a "remake" but a " reboot by advancing the storyline of the original" or in other words, a "sequel." And here I've always thought a reboot was closer to a remake than a sequel.

A BEETLEJUICE sequel has been rumored since its release in 1988, but no one ever really thought that would ever happen. But here in 2011, Hollywood has been out of ideas for a while now, and it's time to sequelize everything mildly successful that never got the treatment.
    I'm a big fan of the original so I would definitely give it a shot. My only real problem is that Tim Burton has lost his mind in recent years. If he were to return, would he bring in something as classic as the original or make another Alice in Wonderland?

Michael Keaton is also a must. If they try to re-cast Beetlejuice with Johnny Depp, i'm going to go on a killing spree. I don't have anything against Depp, but it just has to be Keaton. What's he doing these days, anyway?...

I guess the best part of this news as that the original may finally get the special edition treatment it deserves. What say yee?
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Sep-2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Sequel? Absolutely yes. And if my future wife Winona Ryder is in it even better.

Reboot/Remake? No thanks. I'm done with 95% of remakes. Or at least paying money for them.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

England
    I rewatched Beetlejuice recently and i don't think its aged very well. Was kinda bored with it if im honest
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Bored with Beetlejuice? GTFO.

Someone posted this on another site. Looks like Keaton is already interested in revisiting the character:

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As long as Keaton, Davis, and Baldwin are on board, I'm all for it. Wouldn't be very bummed if Winona were left out.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    FOr me... No Keaton... No Dice.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    As long as Keaton, Davis, and Baldwin are on board, I'm all for it. Wouldn't be very bummed if Winona were left out.
    not gonna lie, i though rider died of a drug overdose like ten years ago or something.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Baldwin would have to trim down quite a bit since they were dead in the original. Can't be aging ghosts, so I would be happy with Winona in it instead. Maybe a quick cameo from them, that's about it.
    I say do it, but yeah, Keaton's gotta play the man. He could still pull it off.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    If they try to re-cast Beetlejuice with Johnny Depp, i'm going to go on a killing spree.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    I'm third on this. Give me the plan, I will be the 2nd wingman. If Depp is the new Beetlejuice, we know one of them is fucking the other, beyond believable reality.
    Is this like the best Brit comedies?!?!?
    Leave us hanging? Give us nothing more than a shard of it all, yet worse?!?!?
    I'd like to think Keaton could easily do one more. After the original White Lines and Afterlife, he's made nothing but shit if at all. Come on, man. Make me proud of something other than Night Shift. Don't be another pre-Tom Hanks, you bastard.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    After the original White Lines and Afterlife, he's made nothing but shit if at all. Come on, man. Make me proud of something other than Night Shift. Don't be another pre-Tom Hanks, you bastard.
    Although the movie itself was hit or miss, I thought his return to comedy in 'The Other Guys' was fantastic. Probably one of my favorite parts of that flick. "Now you're just quoting TLC." "Huh? I don't know what youre talkin about. Nope....not at all."
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Sep-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: .

United States
    If they try to re-cast Beetlejuice with Johnny Depp, i'm going to go on a killing spree.
    You know damn well if Burton is involved (no, not Jack Burton, Tim! ) then this is going to happen if we want it or not. It seems he and Depp are twins attached at the hip at this point. Ugh....

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Sidekicks was a good movie...
    Yep, we'll see.
    Remember when Jet Li made good movies? Like... a few years ago?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    You know damn well if Burton is involved (no, not Jack Burton, Tim! ) then this is going to happen if we want it or not. It seems he and Depp are twins attached at the hip at this point. Ugh....
    True, but don't forget that Keaton was Burton's original Depp. If that makes any sense.

So i'm hoping Burton may still have some gray matter in his noggin to remember that Keaton MADE that movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny
    not gonna lie, i though rider died of a drug overdose like ten years ago or something.
    With exception of playing Spock's mom, it was her career that died....
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Sep-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: .

United States
    True, but don't forget that Keaton was Burton's original Depp. If that makes any sense.
    True, but I don't remember him being as obsessive about Keaton as he is about Depp. Or maybe I'm just getting to old to remember..