Thread: Study: Magnets can alter morality

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Study: Magnets can alter morality

Holy shite !! I wonder if this is jusnk science or if there's actually a significant enough effect induced to perhaps say, form a legitimate legal defense around it?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36089873...alth-behavior/

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Hmmm, I scanned the article to try and see how high the magnetic fluctuations applied to the subjects were but didn't see specifics. Guess I'll be reading up on Transcranial magnetic stimulation.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Hmmm, I scanned the article to try and see how high the magnetic fluctuations applied to the subjects were but didn't see specifics. Guess I'll be reading up on Transcranial magnetic stimulation.

As I am totally ignorant on the subject so it might seem like a dumb question but knowing this is possible, does the saying that full moons make people act a little "off" have credence now? Maybe?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

BUT WITHOUT MAGNETS HOW DOES SCIENCE PARTY HARD?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    As I am totally ignorant on the subject so it might seem like a dumb question but knowing this is possible, does the saying that full moons make people act a little "off" have credence now? Maybe?

Interesting thought. I suppose it depends how much of a change in the magnetic field around us would be needed to bring on a behavioural change.
    Kill 'em All

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Whoa. So this could potentially lead to studies of the brain that would prove WHY someone committed a crime and how they felt about it at the time?

Sounds like something straight out of a Philip K. Dick novel....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Sounds like something straight out of a Philip K. Dick novel....
    I know what you mean, Bassman. Not that I can read your mind...yet...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

No, considering that the strongest gravitational effects will always be from the Sun, and it is constant. Nothing can compare even the slightest.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    No, considering that the strongest gravitational effects will always be from the Sun, and it is constant. Nothing can compare even the slightest.
    You're beter than ask jeeves. Thnx for the info buddy.