Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More details on the "Dead" TV series...

Undisclosed

More details on the "Dead" TV series...

"DEAD is a show that takes place on day one of a world wide zombie plague.
    Each episode follows a different main character through his day one experience.
    The reasons why I do this is because it enables me to
    A) Start off every story from the action packed "what you do if a zombie plague happened now" stand point.
    &
    B) Kill off any character then bring him back if I want to by having him interact with another main characters story line.
    Reason B being the major corner stone for the evolution of a much larger story involving everyone separate story's in one way or another.
    Now the fantastic side benefit of these self contained Day#1 adventures is anyone could jump in at any episode and not be lost story-wise. But if they have been watching every episode they get to witness the evolution of a much larger story.
    The problem I always had with television shows such as LOST or BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (both of which I am quite fond of) is that you couldn't just hop right in without knowing anything about it. Many episodes and sometimes seasons of information were required to be able to fully appreciate what the hell was going on.
    If not for me being sick one day and the Sci-Fi Channel running a Battlestar marathon I would have never had the patience to sit down and watch an entire episode of any of the current installments. And even if I had I don't think I would have enjoyed it the same way I did with the back-story included.
    As you know. Patrick C. Dwyer passed away. His story happened to be a major hub in a much larger story.
    So re-writes and some fancy re-editing has quickly become the order of the day to help re-direct certain plot points through some of the other major characters." -Zebediah De Soto writer/creator

and wait ...I've got more ...I talked to the writer of this show and was running some exclusive info for him ..I will be again once I set D-C.com back online ...the official website
    DEAD TV Series
    Last edited by DeadCentral; 13-Aug-2006 at 11:07 PM.
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

United States
    This seems quite interesting... Which country/what channel is it playing in/on?

Undisclosed
    It's funded by The Horror Channel I believe but as they don't actually have a TV channel and don't look like they'll have one in the future I'm wondering how this will be shown/released.

DC I'd recommend changing the thread title or asking for a merge as the title is a little vague to say the least

Administrator

England
    Anyone got any info on what's happened to this series?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Say WHAT? A zombie tv series? Wow! More info man, more info! (panting)

United States
    Finnaly some news for this, I'd love ti get more info on this too

United States
    Isn't it kind of stupid to have a 'Horror Channel' but no actual tv channel to play it on?! WTF???

As for the 'Dead' series, maybe the Sci-Fi Channel should pick it up?

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    this has been doing the rumor /info rounds around this fine forum for a good while, gotta say though i like the title rather than being another loser wannabe fil that puts "of the dead" at the end, shows that there thinking about the series itself not what people should be basing expectations on.

Undisclosed
    I recieved an email last week from the writer of the series that he's changing his email addy....so it seems as though deadproductions.tv is now defunked...
    other than that I've heard nothing from him...fading into obscurity I guess....
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

United States
    that sucks..

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    that sucks..
    just like your avatar what's that from?
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

United States
    Apparently its from freddy got fingered, the girl in the wheel chair who likes to give BJs

Undisclosed
    Does anyone have any more current information on this project? Did any of these episodes ever air? I've scoured the horror channel website and can't find any mention of it. The last time I checked there was a webpage and a teaser trailer and info on the series and its creator. Anyone?

/p

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I'd like to know what happened to this, too. I'd really like to see a zombie-themed TV show, and I'm really surprised that a really high-profile one hasn't come along yet. Heck, with kids and their "podcasts" these days, I'm surprised that there aren't any low budget straight-to-the-internet zombie shows around (unless there are and I just haven't caught them).

Undisclosed
    I really do like the idea as well, but they need to make sure that they can put a decent amount of gore in it. A zombie series wouldn't be as good if they didn't show anything.
    "You should only die once, not everyday"

- Wise 7/11 manager