Thread: Newborn baby rescued from sewage pipe

Administrator

England

Newborn baby rescued from sewage pipe

Yes, the proud new mummy and daddy decide to 'dispose' of their off spring...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-22685445

The baby, thought to be just a few days old, was found inside a pipe 10cm (4 inches) in diameter, says China Daily newspaper.

Footage from state television showed firefighters and doctors working together using pliers to cut the pipe apart to get to the baby.

The baby is now in stable condition, reports say.

The police are said to be treating the case as attempted murder and are searching for the parents, says the BBC's Martin Patience in Beijing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Co8SH0zEc
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I feel sick.

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    What was going through these people's minds?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I've no idea and I certainly couldn't make a judgement call on the motives behind their actions as I don't know anything about their circumstances. But my more reactionary side says that they should be neutered.

I just feel sorry for the poor little mite.

One bonus is that he's far too young to have any lingering memories of the incident. But it's a hell of a way to start your life.

Administrator

England
    All an accident - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-2...toilet/4721334

The mother of a baby who became stuck in a toilet pipe in China will not be prosecuted, according to a local police official, who said the woman gave birth unexpectedly while in the lavatory.
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    eh?

How do you give birth unexpectedly?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    eh?

How do you give birth unexpectedly?
    That was going to be my next question. How do you not know this is happening to you? I mean, I'm not a woman so I don't have first-hand knowledge of having a baby, but c'mon!

Ireland
    Apparently the girl was only around 20 and had kept the pregnancy a secret.

United States
    Apparently the girl was only around 20 and had kept the pregnancy a secret.
    I get that, but how did she have the baby "unexpectedly" while on the toilet? I mean, when my wife had our son, she knew what was happening just before he was born (labor), and it was her first child too. I just find it weird this woman is acting like she had no idea what was going on. No sure I buy that, but ooooook.

Ireland
    I dunno...maybe she had a vindaloo the night before?

Either way, it strikes me as odd as well. Perhaps she's just not that smart? Perhaps she had resigned herself to flushing the kid down the toilet? Perhaps she genuinely didn't know what was happening?

I'm not equipped for childbirth, thank christ, but I'd imagine that one would damn well know that something the size of a baby was coming out of you. Even though a friend of mine went into labour and had her kid in a matter of minutes and said that it was surprisingly easy!

But she flippin well know that a baby was coming out of her expletive deleted

England
    Does the mother already have any kids? I thought there was a strict one child per couple rule in China? It would by no means justify what she did but may go someway to explaining it....

*edit, this is what I was talking about http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-child_policy
    Last edited by Tricky; 31-May-2013 at 05:04 AM. Reason: link

United States
    But she flippin well know that a baby was coming out of her expletive deleted

No idea why, but that made me lmfao..

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Does the mother already have any kids? I thought there was a strict one child per couple rule in China?
    Good question, I'm not sure and it hasn't been mentioned as far as I know.