Thread: Dead Rising 2...almost official?

United States

Dead Rising 2...almost official?

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...platforms.html

loved the first one (still gotta go back and redo those last 2 achievements) and have been waiting for an announcement about a sequel. this will be a defo day 1 purchase for me.

let's hope they add some co-op and give us lots of areas to explore. while i enjoyed romping and stomping through the mall, it'd be pretty sweet to have a whole town/city to explore.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm pretty sure they had already announced that they would be going through with a sequel.

I might rent it. The original was a let down after a few hours of gameplay...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm pretty sure they had already announced that they would be going through with a sequel.
    Nah, they didn't. That article has been updated to include Capcom stating that they have no current plans for a DR sequel.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I could almost swear that before the court case they were gearing up for number 2.

Me mind is slipping....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    theres been lots of wishful thinking about capcom releasing a sequel ranging from co-op to an online mmo but so far there all wishful thinking and nothing more, the team behind the first said they wanted to on numerous occasions over the last 2 years but capcom has been pretty vocal about not wanting to.

United States
    Dead Rising 2, Lost Planet 2 semi-confirmed:
    http://au.gamespot.com/news/blogs/ru...confirmed.html

Source: A Famitsu interview with Capcom's Keiji Inafune.

What we heard: Dead Rising and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition are a tricky pair of titles for Capcom. Both originally billed as Microsoft exclusives, Lost Planet was subsequently delivered to the PlayStation 3, while Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop is expected to arrive for the Wii before the end of March. That, despite a Capcom representative expressly denying such an occurrence would happen.

For the next installments in the two franchises, Capcom is apparently focusing on a multiplatform release from the get-go. Speaking to Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu, Capcom's Keiji Inafune told the gaming news outlet, "Please expect new Dead Rising and Lost Planet titles. While they will be on multiple platforms, we are thinking about having the 360 version play out differently."

Wait, did he just say new Dead Rising and Lost Planet games?

A sequel to Dead Rising has been hinted at since the original made its strong debut on the 360 in 2006. Most recently, reports surfaced in November that Dead Rising 2 was in development at Vancouver, Canada-based Blue Castle, the studio behind 2K Sports' well-received arcade-style baseball title The BIGS. What remains unclear, however, is whether or not Inafune's comments apply to an all-new Dead Rising, or simply the aforementioned Wii port, Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop.

However, Capcom has made no mention of a follow-up to its sci-fi third-person shooter Lost Planet. Be that as it may, the inevitability of a new installment in the series is all but a foregone conclusion. Aside from buoying Capcom's fiscal-year 2007 performance, the publisher has already announced plans to extend the franchise to the silver screen. In fact, Capcom devoted its entire E3 2008 press conference to the upcoming film, which will be penned by David Hayter, better known as the voice behind Metal Gear hero Solid Snake.

As for having the titles play out differently on the Xbox 360, the move would not be without precedent. Following the release of the original Lost Planet in June 2007, Capcom released Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies for the Xbox 360 and PC in May 2008. The reworked edition expanded upon the original, adding in a range of new single- and multiplayer modes as well as in-game items. Though the original Lost Planet was released for Sony's PS3, the Colonies edition remained a Microsoft exclusive.

The official story: Capcom had not responded to requests for comment as of press time.

Bogus or not bogus?: Barring a lost-in-translation moment, Inafune's comments clearly indicate that Capcom is at work on a new Lost Planet. It is less clear, however, whether Frank West has received a brand-new photo-journalism assignment. However, mounting evidence suggests that the dead will indeed rise again.
    I wonder what Ifafune's comments on the 360 version means. Exclusive content, perhaps?
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 29-Jan-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that doesn't really say anything though, id never take an article which starts with "what we heard" as fact. im pretty sure it was on kotaku or ign that the rumor sequel was chop till you drop. and the case for a lost planet sequel isn't very strong either.

United States
    The "what we heard" is just a preface to separate the article, as are "the official story" and "bogus or not bogus", that's how Gamespot's rumor section has been handled for years. Did you miss the part where Kenji Inafune, the producer of Dead Rising, said "Please expect new Dead Rising and Lost Planet titles. While they will be on multiple platforms, we are thinking about having the 360 version play out differently." That article was put up yesterday, so it's not about Chop Till You Drop.

That sounds like a pretty good confirmation to me.

Edit: and Kotaku sucks, stop going there people!
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 29-Jan-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    but gamespots more respectable?

Super Moderator

UK
    Well let us not get into a slanging match about websites, we'll end up having an overload on nerd before you know it.

Anyway - DR2 - YES PLEASE.

What I'd want out of it though:

1) Range of difficulty settings
    2) Proper save system
    3) Proper aiming system for guns
    4) Continued ability to play it however you want
    5) A whole town/city to explore with the ability to clear out areas permanently by doing things like block doors and windows with all sorts - including trucks and other large vehicles.
    6) More things, but I can't think right now...

Just been bitten archivesofthede's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I could almost swear that before the court case they were gearing up for number 2.

Me mind is slipping....
    Yeah, I think Dawn Associates sued them. I'm ready for some screenshots of the game. I simply LOVE the first one and play it often just for shits and giggles.
    ARCHIVES OF THE DEAD - RIP

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Edit: and Kotaku sucks, stop going there people!
    Yeah, I'm beginning to realise this now. Last few stories that I've took seriously on there have turned out to be seriously bogus.