Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the best living dead game 4 x-box

Undisclosed

the best living dead game 4 x-box

give me your thoughts on what you think is the best zombie game on the x-box, new or old whats your favorite

capncnut
    Old or new Xbox?

Xboxwise, Stubbs The Zombie was a good blast, as was House Of The Dead III (which had HOTD2 as an unlock). Would have been nice to have played City Of The Dead, shame it was cancelled.

360wise, most people will say either Dead Rising or Left 4 Dead. I would choose L4D because DR was boring and repetitive as hell.

So yeah, Left 4 Dead.

Undisclosed
    i bought my kids a 360 for xmas and i want a zombie game and i want to know which one to buy
    Last edited by fartpants; 17-Jan-2009 at 05:20 PM.

United States
    Dead Rising for singleplayer.

Left 4 Dead if they plan on playing online.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Dead Rising captured what I loved about Dawn of the Dead perfectly. I when I play it, I stick on the Dawn soundtrack and pretend I'm in the movie!

Super Moderator

UK
    It's a damn shame that City of the Dead got cancelled, it had potential, far more than the Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green game ever had (even though the mods were tip top).

Dead Rising is good fun I say, I've played it a good four or five times now - not the story, just running around slaying zombies - it does get old, but just pace yourself and leave a while till you next play it, and bingo-bango-there-you-go-go.

Haven't played Left 4 Dead, so can't comment on it.

Administrator

England
    Like pretty much everyone else has already said, its a straight 50/50 choice between left4dead or dead rising.. personally i prefer dead rising, the only thing missing from it is the multiplayer.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    id say stubbs the zombie, since, as fun as left for 4 dead is, stubbs is longer, has a more whole "world" its set in and its a blast to play.

you start in a suburb of 1950's retro futuristic americana, mr sandmans playing, you eat a brian, they get up, they and you eat a brian then theres 4 ,then 8 then 16 then 32 then 64 then 128 then 256 and so on and so on, as good as left for dead is its got the mass zombies of rising, the co-op play thats loads f fun of l4d dead and its made in the halo engine so it plays like a dream.

United States
    Dead rising
    Stubs
    Left four dead, left 4 dead just gets repetitive and its total lack of a story line besides go from point a to point b was a disappointment.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    Dead rising
    left 4 dead just gets repetitive and its total lack of a story line besides go from point a to point b was a disappointment.
    When was the last time you played a multiplayer game with a story line? Games like Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike & Left 4 Dead are revered because of their tried and true gameplay combined with the fun of co-operating with your friends and teammates. I don't even know why Valve put a singleplayer mode in the game.

At least in L4D we get bits of story from the hastily written notes to friends/family on the walls of the saferooms. That, along with the sound design, was some cool attention to detail.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    When was the last time you played a multiplayer game with a story line? Games like Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike & Left 4 Dead are revered because of their tried and true gameplay combined with the fun of co-operating with your friends and teammates. I don't even know why Valve put a singleplayer mode in the game.

At least in L4D we get bits of story from the hastily written notes to friends/family on the walls of the saferooms. That, along with the sound design, was some cool attention to detail.
    actually if you play through no mercy in commentary mode they do get really in deph about how they dont tell you a plot but there are subtle hints constantly throughout to give the story.

Undisclosed
    thanks guys ,sounds like its gotta be dead rising for me

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    thanks guys ,sounds like its gotta be dead rising for me
    Dead Rising is an in-depth SINGLE PLAYER game. If your children enjoy playing games cooperatively, you must get Left 4 Dead, otherwise you're going to hear a lot of bickering about whose turn it is.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Dead Rising is an in-depth SINGLE PLAYER game. If your children enjoy playing games cooperatively, you must get Left 4 Dead, otherwise you're going to hear a lot of bickering about whose turn it is.
    if dead rising is as good as it looks then the kids wont get a chance to play it cos i'll be on it

United States
    Dead Rising is a really good game, but my pick would be Left 4 dead for it's group replayabililty, the only downside to the replay factor being the limited amount of levels.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190