Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Night On Earth (board game)

United States

Last Night On Earth (board game)

Following Gencon last weekend where copies of this zombie boardgame were for sale, I'm starting to see copies trickle into OL game stores on E-Bay like Titan Games. They're selling for list price + free S&H here in the states.

For more info on the game go HERE:
    http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonearth/

or HERE:
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/29368
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 13-Feb-2009 at 05:10 PM.

United States

Thumbs up

Ok I got my copy over the weekend, & IT IS AWESOME! Great components, including individual sculpts for the 8 Hero figures, 3 different poses for the zombies, excellent full color glossy boards & cards. It is NICE. The rules are fairly easy to grasp & a lot of flavor comes from the decks of Hero & Zombie cards, which add a lot of story driven touches & give a whole session a very narrative quality...it's like you're playing out your own little zombie movie.

So far, this might be the zombie game to rule them all. If you're at all interested I strongly urge you to check out the links above. The price is a little steep, but in line w/ all the other "big box" games coming out today, & for what you get it's definitely worth it.

Last edited by MoonSylver; 13-Feb-2009 at 05:03 PM.

United States
    For those interested in "Last Night on Earth: the Zombie Game" just a head's up that the first expansion "Growing Hunger" is due sometime in mid to late March.

Four new Heroes (complete w/ figures), a new set of Zombies, new boards, cards & scenarios.

From what previews we've seen so far, looks like it's going take an already awesome game & make it even better.

Check out the "Last Night on Earth: the Zombie Game" base set HERE:

www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonearth/

And HERE:

www.boardgamegeek.com/game/29368

Check out the "Growing Hunger" expansion HERE:

www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonearth/growinghunger.html

And HERE:

www.boardgamegeek.com/game/32248

Undisclosed
    Looks interesting, soulds a little like the Zombie board game. I am not sure if that is right but its the one with all of the boards and such. Fun game too. I have also played All Flesh Must be eaten (a zombies RPG). Most of them are pretty good. Might give this a chance.

United States
    It's a LITTLE like "Zombies!!!", but not much. "Zombies!!!" tends to abstract the hand's on action a little more, where this one is all about the action & the details.

The scenario's, which have different objectives & victory conditions, make it play differently every time. The distinct Hero's with variable powers make it distinct as well.

The way that the Hero & Zombie decks interact with each other give it a very narrative, story driven aspect. Each session plays out like a mini movie.

I like "Zombies!!!" (and the free print-n-play game "Zombie Plague", witch you can find on boardgamegeek.com as well), but LNOE is well worth it to me.

Super Moderator

United States
    It's funny I saw this necro-post today, because I just ran into this game for the first time Thursday when I stopped into the Complete Strategist after getting a bit nostalgic about the idea of checking out some CoC material.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Just a little update, FFP is now taking pre-orders for the "Growing Hunger" expansion, which should begin shipping at the end of March. They are taking orders for the 2nd printing of the base set as well, which should be back in stock about the same time.

United States
    Just realized I never did update on this. I got the expansion & it's great. Tons of new cards, new rules for the heroes & zombies, new boards, new scenarios, new heroes, more zombies. It's more, more, more of what makes the game great in the first place

There are also a couple of card only expansions that can be had for a modest price & feature a set of 20 new cards that can be added to the base set.

Undisclosed

Zombies!

I'm a big fan of that board game. Me and my friend are aspiring RPG developers, and are working on a pretty sweet zombie RPG...I'll have to show it to you guys sometime.

Norway
    Please do.

United States
    Updating an old thread, new expansion coming soon Survival of the Fittest:

"The Survival of the Fittest expansion is packed with 3 all new card decks for Last Night on Earth, as well as new game mechanics, and several intense new Scenarios. The Heroic survivors of Woodinvale can now find powerful Unique Items to help them in their struggle as well as the use of Survival Tactics to keep them alive through the night. Not to be outdone, the relentless horde of Zombies now has access to a host of gruesome Grave Weapons that they can wield against the Heroes. These three new decks (Unique Items, Survival Tactics, and Grave Weapons) can be seamlessly integrated into all existing Scenarios using the same modular 'Dots' system first introduced in the Growing Hunger expansion. Survival of the Fittest also includes new cards for the main Hero and Zombie decks as well as additional full color counters to expand the LNOE toolbox. As the cold night grows ever darker in Woodinvale, only the strongest will survive."

There is also a separate Hero Pack coming that adds four new Heroes and more cards to add to Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game. Characters are Victor the Escaped Prisoner, Jade the Highschool Outcast, Mr. Goddard the Chemistry Teacher and Stacy the intrepid reporter. 4 new Hero figures included.

There will also be a separate Zombie Grave Weapons pack of figures that can be used to represent the zombies armed with Grave Weapons from the Survival of the Fittest expansion.

-- -------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    There are also a couple of card only expansions that can be had for a modest price & feature a set of 20 new cards that can be added to the base set.
    Realized I forgot to add the info on these. There are 3 so far, which are only available through FFP's web store. Very small expansions, they add a new scenario & 10 new cards each, for a small price of $9.95+S/H

Stock Up:

http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFr...etail.bok?no=2

Revenge of the Dead:

http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFr...tail.bok?no=19

Zombie Pillage:

http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFr...tail.bok?no=23
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 03-Nov-2009 at 06:07 AM.

United States
    New info now up on the upcoming expansion & Hero & Zombie packs.

United States
    Just a quick update, all 3 of the new expansions are up for pre-order on the FFP w/ some extra goodies thrown in for those who pre-order:

http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFr...tail.bok?no=43

Super Moderator

United States
    Due to the size, shape and overall responsiveness to shaking, I would not be surprised if one of the gifts under the tree this year were this game.

We'll know soon enough =)

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    This looks nice! I like playing boardgames, so I might have to check this out.