Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Douglas' Son Sentenced to 5 years

United States

Michael Douglas' Son Sentenced to 5 years

for heroin posession and "dealing large amounts of methamphetamine and cocaine"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...042101705.html

wtf?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Well, what did you expect? Drugs are illegal. And these aren't even the good kind of drugs, like alcohol and weed. This is just bad drugs. Well, I think so anyway. I haven't tried them.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Well, what did you expect? Drugs are illegal. And these aren't even the good kind of drugs, like alcohol and weed. This is just bad drugs. Well, I think so anyway. I haven't tried them.
    by "WTF" I didn't mean why did he get nailed or the length of his sentence - I meant I'm kinda shocked it was Michael Douglas' son and what he got nailed for.

Of course, we're all human beings, but still, I found this kinda surprising even though perhaps I shouldn't.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    by "WTF" I didn't mean why did he get nailed or the length of his sentence - I meant I'm kinda shocked it was Michael Douglas' son and what he got nailed for.

Of course, we're all human beings, but still, I found this kinda surprising even though perhaps I shouldn't.

Imo, things like this can go either way.

A kid who is born with a silver spoon in their mouth can either take advantage of their station in life and climb the ladder to success. Or, they can use the resources at their disposal to do things that aren't so healthy for them. Most of them are just socialites and are a waste of space, but sometimes they engae in things that make no sens like this.

You're right. Why would he do this? It's one thing to get drugged till you can't see on a daily basis but to actually sell, traffic or whatever is crazy. There are obviously some family issues here.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    that's a hell of a way to get his dad's attention...! Celebrity children no doubt act out in a more extreme manner....
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm going to look the other way and not make an image-related Catherine Zeta Jones/Mommy discipline related joke and just say the dude was caught with 5 pounds of Meth and has previous convictions. He's actually pretty lucky on the sentence, I think.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So Catherine Zeta Jones is his stepmom? I'm not sure I could handle that. She would be my addiction.

Undisclosed
    Meth sounds like pretty evil shit...i wonder why we never got it over here

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's the most evil of evils, man. Nothing compares really. Worse than crack, imo.

Here in the southern part of the states it's EVERYWHERE, too. There's not a day that goes by where I don't pass someone on the street and can just SEE that they're hooked on that shit. It literally breaks you down to a shell of a person. I've ended friendships because of it and had friends lose lives over it. It's really an awful thing...

I've always been proud to say that I never touched it once when it was all around me...
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Apr-2010 at 07:34 PM.

United States
    Yeah, Bassman is right - meth is probably the most evil illicit substance out there. If you look around on the 'net, you can see some 'before and after' pictures of people who got hooked on that shit. It's frightening - to say the least - what it does to the human body and mind.

Undisclosed
    thats what i thought, just find it weird that every drug thats popular in the u.s.a has found its way over here but not this one, luckily so imo

kudos to you Bassman for turning your back on it

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    If you look around on the 'net, you can see some 'before and after' pictures of people who got hooked on that shit.
    I have no idea what you mean...

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States

Ok, now THAT was funny! Winehouse FTW!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Funny? FUNNY?!?!?

That's fucking horrifying, man.

United States
    When it comes to anything Amy Winehouse, it's funny.

There's nothing funny about meth addiction if that's what you mean though.

Not only that, I don't think Winehouse was even on Meth - isn't she into crack, coke and herion or something? I don't remember meth being mentioned in reference to her addictions, but who the hell knows.