Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survival DVD extras

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

Survival DVD extras

Great Britain
    Might import the 2 disc version DVD, would have liked the blu ray though, wonder if uk is getting the same realise?

United States
    Wow, looks like the disc has a lot of features/extras.

Not sure if that will help push sales here in the US though. I still think they completely screwed themselves releasing it in the UK way before it was released in the US. Everyone I know has already seen it and it's not even out yet, and there's only one way that was possible.

I hope for George's sake I'm wrong, but it just seems like a FUBAR'd release all the way around.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I hope the special features are good. Otherwise i'm getting this just as a collector/fan. Have to complete the set, ya know?

United States
    Really nice extras. I have the bare bones UK edition with the superior cover art.

Undisclosed
    just saw that amazon has blueray preorders for $16.99!
    it ain't funny, but it sure was fun!

Super Moderator

United States
    That is a thick chunk of extras, which is nice to see since I'm still waiting on an official US BR release to see it for the first time.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    KICK ARSE!

I got the vanilla R2 disc when it came out and have watched it twice now, and being a GAR/DVD extra feature whore, I'll be picking up this fancy edition as well - two discer, natch.

A tasty selection of extras right there, should be lovely - I'm especially looking forward to the feature length making of documentary - that sort of shit gets me wet.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    A tasty selection of extras right there, should be lovely - I'm especially looking forward to the feature length making of documentary - that sort of shit gets me wet.
    I'm gonna play the jaded guy here and say...."yeah, I can't wait to see them blabber on about how they make those quality, top-notch cgi effects".

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Really nice extras. I have the bare bones UK edition with the superior cover art.
    As far as I know the uk cover looks like a no budget 2 dollar dvd. I can get some of the backlash of the new cover looking abit like previous otd dvd cases but just because the uk version looks different doesnt make it better... Crap is crap.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm gonna play the jaded guy here and say...."yeah, I can't wait to see them blabber on about how they make those quality, top-notch cgi effects".
    "yeah we went on the torrents and downloaded this program called Adobe After Effects...then the lead visual FX artist went to videocopilot.net...."
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Sweeeeet, I can't wait for this to come out so I can finally fucking see it. Shame it wasn't on the bigscreen anywhere around me.
    I liked reading the comments on that page for Fangoria.
    Haters gonna hate.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    "yeah we went on the torrents and downloaded this program called Adobe After Effects...then the lead visual FX artist went to videocopilot.net...."

AE is pretty much industry standard.... So then is this a swipe at Andrew Kramer?
    Last edited by CooperWasRight; 11-Jul-2010 at 08:18 PM.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The blu ray release is scheduled for the 24th of August.

I'm one of the few who hasn't seen it yet. Couple that with the extras and I'm there.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    no amount of extras included on the dvd release would make this worth buying, not even for the "completionist" (that's not even a word, i realize) rationale....and this is coming from a guy who owns every romero dead film before this one.

maybe one of these days i'll get around to watching the rest of it, but i seriously had to shut it off after 30 minutes it was so fucking awful. i'd like to see romero release something to redeem himself of this turd of a film, but given the law of diminishing returns and the downward slide his work has taken over the last decade or so, i'm not holding my breath.....

...except for THE WALKING DEAD, motherfuckers. (we should just change the name of this site since that's the topic that seems to find its way into every thread here these days)