Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh God No... Please... not this!!!

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

Oh God No... Please... not this!!!

United Kingdom
    Oh Jesus Christ...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    why is everyone so negative about a studio picking up zombie film rights? big deal. They haven't even released the book so no one really knows if the book is any good yet. Everyone complains there isn't enough zombie films and when a studio buys the rights to possibly make one everyone gets in a snit. Lets face facts LOTD wasn't exactly a great film, and no one knows for sure if the film will get made, or who is directing it.

Start complaining when they begin crewing the film and casting actors. Plus, since no one has read the book or knows anything about other than it takes place 10 years after the zombie apocalypse it is a little early to tell whether or not the studio will mess it up.

Maybe the source material will be bad, or maybe the film won't ever get made. As far as I am concerned I was happy to hear a studio is fighting for rights to make a film based off a book which hasn't been released. it means the studio system still has faith in the genre.

Be happy...
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 15-Jun-2006 at 12:21 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Lets face facts LOTD was exactly a great film,.....

Funny typo coming from you, DJ...

You're right...it was great...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311

Funny typo coming from you, DJ...

You're right...it was great...

Ooops.

Fixed that issue.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Lets face facts LOTD wasn't exactly a great film
    What facts are are you talking about? I hope you're not referring to the poll in the LOTD forum!

Anyway, I'm with DJ. Give us more zombie films. Ok, so they happen to be produced by a big company. Who cares? I want my zombies.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    What facts are are you talking about? I hope you're not referring to the poll in the LOTD forum!

OHHHHH, BURN!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Anyway, I'm with DJ. Give us more zombie films. Ok, so they happen to be produced by a big company. Who cares? I want my zombies.
    I can't use the poll in the LOTD forums because the site is dedicated to GAR zombie flicks so the poll is biased from the get go. I am basing it on reviews and general movie goer comments.

However, you and I agree that we need more zombie flicks.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I can't use the poll in the LOTD forums because the site is dedicated to GAR zombie flicks so the poll is biased from the get go. I am basing it on reviews and general movie goer comments.
    Ah, so you're basing your statement on opinions, not facts. However, wasn't Land of the Dead one of the most well recieved zombie films we've had lately? It seemed like it to me, anyway.

*Waits for DJ to prove me wrong with RottenTomatoes statistics*
    Last edited by EvilNed; 15-Jun-2006 at 01:44 PM.

United States
    Ah, so you're basing your statement on opinions, not facts.

uhhhh, isn't that what everyone does when it comes to movies? Isn't it ALL about "opinions"? Last I checked there will never be a true "fact" proving a movie is great or it sucked, it's all subjective to the individual. I think you're taking things a bit too literally. Dj is saying that he's heard many people say they don't care for the film, so yes, it's opinions - just like when you say it was great, it's based on your opinion, correct? And when you say others thought it was a great movie too, that's also based on others opinions, correct?

I've never in my entire life seen so many people who flip out when it's mentioned that LOTD is a not-so-great flick. Some people like it, some don't - and the people who don't.. well.. you'll just have to deal with them, just like they have to deal with you and the people who do like the movie.

Dj, I guess the bottom line here is: you and I don't care for the film and everyone else does, so we're wrong.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr
    uhhhh, isn't that what everyone does when it comes to movies? Isn't it ALL about "opinions"? Last I checked there will never be a true "fact" proving a movie is great or it sucked, it's all subjective to the individual. I think you're taking things a bit too literally. Dj is saying that he's heard many people say they don't care for the film, so yes, it's opinions - just like when you say it was great, it's based on your opinion, correct? And when you say others thought it was a great movie too, that's also based on others opinions, correct?
    I was just saying! There's no need to get all touchy about it. People can think what they want too, as long as they don't think Hitler was a great guy.

United States
    Book rights get bought all the time and most of them never make it past the development stage. If the book does get made into a film it will probably a smll to mid-range budget deal since Pitt's Plan B production company doesn't deal with large budget films. If they take the deadpan humor of Brook's writing and give it to a decent writer who understands the subject matter then there's a good chance it could be a good ZomCom.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

I've never in my entire life seen so many people who flip out when it's mentioned that LOTD is a not-so-great flick. Some people like it, some don't - and the people who don't.. well.. you'll just have to deal with them, just like they have to deal with you and the people who do like the movie.

Dj, I guess the bottom line here is: you and I don't care for the film and everyone else does, so we're wrong.
    Well if I have to go off the HPotD poll, then besides Lou and I there are 5 other people who think the movie is total sh*t. Let's also count the imdb voting system in which 2179 users rated the film a four or less. So thats 2186 people between two websites who think Land of the Dead is a subpar film.

Also, like Lou Said it is opinions. The critics have opinions... some liked some hate. The fans have opinions... Some like Some hate.

If you want a fact... The fact is out of 2 websites 2186 people dislike the movie... and that ain't an opinion, that is a fact. Case Closed! And if you want the tomato meter... Then 35% of the people whom claimed to have watched the film didn't like it. Another fact!

Why is it a fact because you can see it for your own eyes. Peoples opinions of the film were recorded into a factual systems that trended the appeal of the film to movie goers. This information is used to present evidence of fact, although the table is designed for users opinions, once the opinion is recorded and processed as calculable data it becomes evidence of fact.

Have a nice day.

P.s. I work in a job that is based on statistics and provable facts. You questioned... I provided.

Something I am very good at.... when I want to be.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 15-Jun-2006 at 02:43 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    EvilNed: not getting touchy, just wanted to point out it's all about opinions, so asking Dj to provide "fact" that a movie sucked would be impossible - even if it wasn't LOTD we were talking about.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    EvilNed: not getting touchy, just wanted to point out it's all about opinions, so asking Dj to provide "fact" that a movie sucked would be impossible - even if it wasn't LOTD we were talking about.
    ahh, but Lou... I did provide facts. Based off the opinions of movie goers.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!