Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 3x15 "This Sorrowful Life" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 3x15 "This Sorrowful Life" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Keep discussion of 3x15 "This Sorrowful Life" within this thread only.

Don't talk about the episode in the shoutbox.

NO spoilers for future episodes either, please.

Comic book spoilers must be put into spoiler tags (not everyone has read the comics). If you don't know how to use spoiler tags, go to the HPOTD FAQ and look up the section on 'BB Codes'.

The Walking Dead Episode 315: This Sorrowful Life – “Rick and the group are faced with a serious problem. If they want a truce with the Governor, they will have to make a huge sacrifice.” Written By: Scott M. Gimple Directed By: Greg Nicotero
    Preview videos and pics over yonder - http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dea...m-episode-315/

The penultimate episode folks!

England
    With Gimple on writing duties you are guaranteed an emotional episode. Greg on directing duties as well. Very nice.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Twitching

United States
    I rest my case about Andrea's capture shitting up the episode. An exercise in futility occurring solely due to that event, sucking up the whole episode.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Wow...

just... wow.

Is it a bad thing that I teared up at the end there?

United States
    Season 3 just got it's mojo back...Great episode!
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

UK
    So who else spotted the Dawn reference?

Twitching

United States
    See,
    The dressing/finery of the episode was much better, and the characterization/dialog much improved, but core plot-wise it's nigh onto impossible to get away from everything having been foreseen (in the larger sense). Sadly, had an episode of this quality landed in the middle of the season I would rate it far higher, but given everything has been building to the Gov/Team Prison conflict the 60 minutes used up were much more precious, and I wanted more plot progression. We've had oodles and oodles of characterization of late...but the overall conflict has been just bleh.

Now, we're onto the finale, and

The Gov's side suddenly manifests a frigging GRENADE LAUNCHER. C'mon, WHY would a NATIONAL GUARD UNIT even HAVE such ordinance? Yet ANOTHER artificial and wholly unneeded advantage for Team Evil. The mounted .50 wasn't ENOUGH?

Plus, with Daryl a headcase and Merle gone, Team Prison just lost 2 of the 4 A-Class fighters. Making running a no-brainer and fighting it out frustratingly futile. You can't beat a group in control of that kind of equipment without similar firepower or at least manpower. I'm thinking I'll just skip the finale and catch it before next Season begins, because there's now 0.0% chance of anything but fireworks from the Gov's side, frantic defense and flight from Team Prison...just bleh. They could have someone shoot the Gov in the head at the end and not be able to salvage it IMO.

I didn't want to be right, but in my gut I knew last episode had blown this episode. The big surprise was that THIS episode + previews blows the finale before it plays.

Dying

United States
    Great episode. Best part was Merle chugging whiskey and listening to Motorhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post

I immediately thought of the discussion a few episodes back when I saw that walker. We were all debating if the zombie peaking through Woodbury's fence was an homage to Dawn. There is no question about it this time, though.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 25-Mar-2013 at 02:35 AM. Reason: f f gdbfdsa

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    I immediately thought of the discussion a few episodes back when I saw that walker. We were all debating if the zombie peaking through Woodbury's fence was an homage to Dawn. There is no question about it this time, though.
    I noticed it right off! I had to pause the show, go over to the bookcase, get the figure from the shelf, and bring it back to the couch and show her how exact the reference was.

Tibet
    Missed it, but I haven't seen Dawn in ages. Pics???

UK
    dawn%u0025252520of%252520the%252520dead%2525201978%252520zombie.jpg

This one appears when merle is in the car having a drink before he goes quick-scoping

United States
    After this episode I can see the show is in good hands next season. I loved it. Very emotional and who would have thought Merle's actions would have such an emotional impact. Great stuff. He was pretty badass up until his end too. Bravo. I caught the Dawn reference immediately too!
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 25-Mar-2013 at 03:02 AM.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post

Plus, with Daryl a headcase and Merle gone, Team Prison just lost 2 of the 4 A-Class fighters.
    Merle's gone, but I'm guessing Daryl is going to go all Rambo on their asses, especially when Guv lets him know he's the one who personally offed his brother, and we all know he's going to.
    So that's really only one gone, and I believe it'll inspire Daryl to viciously new heights in payback.

Anyhoo: R.I.P. Merle. I told my kid he was going to die when I saw how they were trying to make Merle look like a big old sweety. I just didn't think it'd be until next week.

United States
    I caught the Dawn reference and excitedly told everyone about it. LOL! Not that anyone was impressed by my picking up on it...

United States
    You ask that on HPOTD forum? Come on man. Just joking but ofcourse I caught it. Great to pay homage to the Legend.

Yea so Rick wasnt going to go through with the Michonne handoff but at the slimest chance he would at that point I had went from certified Rick fanboy to completely done with him. Gray areas I understand but there are differences between right and wrong. Very disappointed in Daryl for not having the 'balls' to tell Rick to pound sand.

Motorhead in TWD.....hell to the yea. Lemmy seems like a Merle kind of guy. Speaking of Merle, gotta give credit to the writers for taking the last 10 minutes of an episode and taking Merle from a hated scumbag to an empathetic hero. In the end the good that was in him came forward. Im actually glad he went out like that. Happy to see him drop Ben. Sad to see a surprise Ninja zombie ruin more of his destruction.

Michonne, well I just love her more and more. Danai is playing the character wonderfully

Really bored of Glen anymore. I loved season 1 Glen but the love crap just doesnt work for me but whatever.

To Wylde regarding spoiler. I noticed that item last week in a preview. It is definitely a game changer. But I can see the group it was retrieved from absolutely having access to it. Not standard issue I'm sure but could def be had.

Show of hands for having some nerves of a bullet shattering Glen or Maggies head? Or both when they kissed? Team prison really has to quit exposing themselves in the open. Rick knows there are scouts and obviously Axel's death wasnt enough.
    Last edited by facestabber; 25-Mar-2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: spelling