Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 3x14 "Prey" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 3x14 "Prey" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Keep discussion of 3x14 "Prey" within this thread only.

Don't talk about the episode in the shoutbox.

NO spoilers for future episodes either, please.

Comic book spoilers must be put into spoiler tags (not everyone has read the comics). If you don't know how to use spoiler tags, go to the HPOTD FAQ and look up the section on 'BB Codes'.

The Walking Dead Episode 314: Prey – “The Governor chases a dissenter who fled Woodbury. While the Governor is gone, a traitor tries to sabotage his upcoming plans.” Written By: Glen Mazzara & Evan Reilly Directed By: Stefan Schwartz
    Good writing talent behind this one, and another new director by the looks of things, so should be an interesting one!

Preview clips and pics here: http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dea...m-episode-314/

Administrator

England
    Expecting big things tonight...

Just hope we don't get a 'filler' episode to delay the oncoming storm!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm expecting the beginning of my vindication for supporting Andrea in the face of all the hate she usually gets lumped with.

I imagine this episode will end on a teaserific cliffhanger - right on the cusp of all-out-war ... I have a feeling that tonight's episode is the veritable march towards said war as mental and physical battlements are raised and everybody prepares the eye-fuck the camera.

We'll see, I guess ... 3x13 had an 'eve of war' vibe to the end - the calm before the storm. Perhaps 3x14 will be like the sound of marching troops descending upon the battlefield...

I canny wait!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ...and everybody prepares the eye-fuck the camera.
    All this eye fucking, somebody's going to end up pregnant. Not me, I already picked up my morning after pills.
    That, and weed's probably made me sterile years ago...

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Do you think it was Milton that set the fire at the pits?

United States
    Well Minion you may have got the beginning of your Andrea vindication but she may never be able to follow through. Hahaha. Sorry just had to give you grief

Dead

United States
    Pretty dicey!!
    I'm gonna be seriously annoyed if this season ends without this whole situation being resolved in 1 way or another!!

How could Andrea have not learned ANYTHING from all that time spent with Michonne? She should've been able to hijack or at least disable the Gov's vehicle while he was fighting those walkers off.
    He's got an answer for everything too. I thought Tyreese and Sasha were gonna revolt or try to escape somehow. But his slick tongue put an end to that.

Wonder what's gonna happen with milton now though??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    Do you think it was Milton that set the fire at the pits?
    Had to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Well Minion you may have got the beginning of your Andrea vindication but she may never be able to follow through. Hahaha. Sorry just had to give you grief
    She won't die. Milton will release her. Or something will happen that results in her release. Andrea is sort of redeeming herself in my eyes. Sort of...

As to this Talking Dead poll, I don't think Martinez would continue the war on team prison if the Gov dies. At least not like the Gov is doing.
    Last edited by babomb; 18-Mar-2013 at 02:21 AM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Milton needs work on that poker face...at least he was better on his 2nd attempt (assuming the writers aren't purposely misdirecting us in some weird way).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Dead

United States
    I was thinking for a little while that maybe the Gov got bit when he was fighting off all those walkers.

Dying

United States
    This was probably the best Woodbury centric episode of the series.

Glad to see Tyrese getting some development finally. Same goes for Sasha, who is yet another very viable "repopulate the world with" option.

Governor is FINALLY getting as sadistic as in the comics. He set up those (comic spoilers)

Rape chains from the comic. Wonder if Andrea will get it even close to as bad as Michonne does in the comics? We'll see.....

I knew Governor wasn't dead when he was thrown to Walkers, but I really find it intriguing to consider he might have got bitten / scratched and will get increasingly more insane as the season wraps up. I hope he's dead by the season finale. Or perhaps....

Presumed dead like in the comics, only to show up again 4 episodes into next season to throw everyone off.

The entire Warehouse section was awesome. They really gave the Governor / Andrea stand-off feel like a slasher. Was some of the more tense stuff they've done this season, really big fan of that entire sequence.

Also think the burnt up zombies melted together was an awesome sight gag.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 18-Mar-2013 at 02:46 AM.

United States
    I really did LOVE this episode. The Governor/Andrea warehouse scene did feel like a slasher lol.

Something someone said above reminded me of a little tidbit Glen Maz said right before the start of season 3.

The prison arc would last into season 4.

Anyway, once again a episode with a smaller cast really shines. Awesome.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I really did LOVE this episode. The Governor/Andrea warehouse scene did feel like a slasher lol.

Something someone said above reminded me of a little tidbit Glen Maz said right before the start of season 3.

The prison arc would last into season 4.

Anyway, once again a episode with a smaller cast really shines. Awesome.
    Yeah, I'd assume that they wouldn't leave the prison this season. But this whole war between the 2 camps should be resolved this season.
    Otherwise the season finale will just leave too much to be desired.

United States
    I'm a huge Rick Grimes fan but if he plans on defending the prison by standing out in the open, this will be a quick fight.

This was a great episode. Nice to dive into tyrese and Sasha's character and see they have sense left. And Milton. I like him. Hope he sticks around

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Straight down to the govs creepy little "I'm a'comin to kill ya" whistle.

Not the best episode for me to be honest, then again, you can see how things are turning bad for mr slick governor as the more decent Woodburry folks start wondering about his intentions/sanity/decency

Also a bit pissed off at how easy it was for him to pounce on Andrea when she got to the prison

2 episodes to go people...let's hope that they are epic!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    I was thinking for a little while that maybe the Gov got bit when he was fighting off all those walkers.
    Thought that myself, wouldn't be too shocked if he's seen treating a bite in the next episode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    I'm a huge Rick Grimes fan but if he plans on defending the prison by standing out in the open, this will be a quick fight.

This was a great episode. Nice to dive into tyrese and Sasha's character and see they have sense left. And Milton. I like him. Hope he sticks around
    Would hope to see all three survive the war and end up on "Team Ricktatorship"
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    Poor Andrea. She was so close to the prison and that damned Govenor. I screamed at my television. I like the Andrea character and I miss her not being with the original group. I'm hoping by season's end, she'll be back with Rick and company as well as Tyrese and Sasha. Wouldn't mind if Milton traded camps as well. I think he would be a great addition to the prison camp. Quite likeable, tho I predict he will take over leadership of Woodbury once the Gov gets knocked off.