Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season 3 Limited Edition Blu-Ray case - The Governor's fish tank!

Super Moderator

UK

Season 3 Limited Edition Blu-Ray case - The Governor's fish tank!

http://dailydead.com/first-photos-of...bie-head-case/

Now, considering the big difference between the preview photos for season 2's zombie head and what buyers actually held in their hands, I'll take this all with a pinch of salt (unless they've learned a lesson from that nonsense last year).

Anyway - have a gander:

The case features five plastic decapitated zombie heads and, as you can see below, the base even lights up. On top of that, Todd McFarlane says that it has been designed so you can fill it with water:

“We thought it would be fun for the consumer, after buying the case and taking it home, had to get a little interactive, because we’re not supplying the water!… So you’re going to have to fill up the tanks yourself, and we’ve got little hooks on the heads, so you can arrange them any way you see fit. You can hang them in a certain order, or you can just let them go to the ground and flop around. No one person’s case has to be exactly like the other’s.”
    Thoughts?

Administrator

England
    Thoughts?

EPIC!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    That looks pretty damn epic to me!!!..... Think I know whats on my b'day list this year
    Was the season 2 one really that bad in real life? Don't think I've ever seen anything other than the promo material.

R

Super Moderator

UK
    Rich - I remember seeing a comparison image showing the promotional material version of the season 2 S.E. packaging, and what someone actually had in their hands, and it was significantly less polished looking. I'm trying to find the image on Google, but I can't find it - but it was a side-by-side comparison and I remember the difference being rather noticeable.

As for this special edition - yes, very cool looking - although I'm never going to buy it. I never buy these sorts of things. If someone gave me one I'd put in on a pedestal, but out of my own pocket? No, I don't buy these sorts of things. I do admire them though.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    As for this special edition - yes, very cool looking - although I'm never going to buy it. I never buy these sorts of things. If someone gave me one I'd put in on a pedestal, but out of my own pocket? No, I don't buy these sorts of things. I do admire them though.

United States
    Wow...lol
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No Ben Gardner head? I am disappoint.

As MZ mentioned, there's potentially a massive difference between this prototype and the finished product. The previous screwdriver zombie case ended up looking nothing like the original promotional images.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    No Ben Gardner head? I am disappoint.

As MZ mentioned, there's potentially a massive difference between this prototype and the finished product. The previous screwdriver zombie case ended up looking nothing like the original promotional images.
    Ah-ha, so I wasn't just imagining things - glad someone else can confirm the difference in the prototype and what was actually on store shelves. I still can't find the comparison image though, and I was surprised that they were allowed to have such a fancy-looking prototype, and then have the actual one people pay for be far less detailed and in some ways a bit sloppy - you're buying it on the look of the prototype, and you don't get what you paid for.

Really you'd expect to get what you paid for, but evidently not in these cases ... I'd hope for those buying this that they get a good-looking product, but you can't help but wonder.

Super Moderator

UK
    More info on the DVD/BR release of Season 3:
    http://dailydead.com/release-date-an...u-ray-and-dvd/

Available as a 5-disc set in each format, the release contains all sixteen episodes from the past season. Like the previous releases, THE WALKING DEAD: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON comes stuffed with tons of bonus features, including exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, never-before-seen featurettes, audio commentaries from cast and crew, deleted scenes and other surprises!

In addition, Anchor Bay proudly announces that, in response to overwhelming fan response to last year’s Season 2 limited edition “zombie head” packaging, THE WALKING DEAD: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON Blu-ray™ will be available in a limited edition “zombie head tank” package (water not included!) specially created once again by McFarlane Toys. SRP is $79.99 for the Blu-ray™, $69.98 for the DVD and $149.99 for the Blu-ray™ limited edition.
    Let's hope the wealth of extra features make it across the pond to the UK - we got screwed over on season one, and even on season two we never got the audio commentaries and one other item (although, generally, the release of season two was better than the R2 release of season one) ... so hopefully we Brits get the full beans on our shores too ... are you listening, AMC?!

Super Moderator

UK
    Two featurette clips from the up-coming Season 3 home video release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kovk5qUcR6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec1pG4UbMws

American-only, unless you've got the juice.

England
    Unboxing.

The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Looks pretty cool - the sculpting on the heads looks far better than last year's season 2 debacle (remember how the preview looked amazing and the actual product looked a bit rushed?) ... generally very cool - I'd never spend the money on it myself, but I'd if someone gave it to me it'd receive a majestic spot on my DVD/BR shelves.

I've got my Blu-Ray pre-ordered, so hopefully we don't get screwed on the extra features - season 2 didn't have the webisodes or any of the commentaries, but had everything else - so hopefully EntertainmentOne don't cheap out on we British TWD fans again.

Administrator

England
    Do we know the price for the fish tank edition yet?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Do we know the price for the fish tank edition yet?
    Dont think its available over here Neil. $93.23 (£60) + shipping

http://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/W...-DEAD-SEASON-3
    Last edited by kidgloves; 14-Aug-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: hghjbm
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Dont think its available over here Neil. $93.23 (£60) + shipping

http://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/W...-DEAD-SEASON-3
    Why is Amazon UK listing it at all then? http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Walking-.../dp/B00DHITBQG
    -Carl Sagan