Undisclosed

War War Z news

Wow

From Dark Horizons

Zombie "War" Enlists JMS & Pitt
    Posted: Tuesday February 27th 2007 12:26am
    Source: UK IGN
    Author: Garth Franklin

J. Michael Straczynski, the man who created what remains one of TV most complex serial dramas "Babylon 5", is set to write the adaptation of "World War Z" by Max Brooks for Paramount Pictures reports IGN.

The novel, a clever collection of retrospective interview anecdotes, covers the accounts of nearly four dozen people from all walks of life who played different parts in a virus pandemic that turned most of the world's population into zombies and threatened to overwhelm the globe until we fought back.

Various chapters have some strong political bents - an ex-Apartheid official develops an inhumane but effective solution to the zombie plagues, Israel undergoes a controversial self-quarantine, North America becomes a wasteland whilst Cuba prospers, and China is essentially responsible for the outbreak thanks to the ecological disruption caused by the Three Gorges Dam.

"I'm adapting that for Paramount. For Brad Pitt potentially -- we'll see what happens. He might be the star in it. It's very political, very smart, very cagey" says Straczynski.

The main problem of course is structure - each chapter deals with a different character in a different situation so he is constructing the film around the interviewer who will travel from place to place visiting people.

He adds "I'm being very faithful to the book, letter by letter when I can, and I'm on about page 70 right now and I'm really happy with it".

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is great news. I still haven't read this book but all of my friends say it's really good.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Geophyrd View Post
    Wow

From Dark Horizons

Zombie "War" Enlists JMS & Pitt
    Posted: Tuesday February 27th 2007 12:26am
    Source: UK IGN
    Author: Garth Franklin

J. Michael Straczynski, the man who created what remains one of TV most complex serial dramas "Babylon 5", is set to write the adaptation of "World War Z" by Max Brooks for Paramount Pictures reports IGN.

The novel, a clever collection of retrospective interview anecdotes, covers the accounts of nearly four dozen people from all walks of life who played different parts in a virus pandemic that turned most of the world's population into zombies and threatened to overwhelm the globe until we fought back.

Various chapters have some strong political bents - an ex-Apartheid official develops an inhumane but effective solution to the zombie plagues, Israel undergoes a controversial self-quarantine, North America becomes a wasteland whilst Cuba prospers, and China is essentially responsible for the outbreak thanks to the ecological disruption caused by the Three Gorges Dam.

"I'm adapting that for Paramount. For Brad Pitt potentially -- we'll see what happens. He might be the star in it. It's very political, very smart, very cagey" says Straczynski.

The main problem of course is structure - each chapter deals with a different character in a different situation so he is constructing the film around the interviewer who will travel from place to place visiting people.

He adds "I'm being very faithful to the book, letter by letter when I can, and I'm on about page 70 right now and I'm really happy with it".
    Do you think Straczynski is up to this?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Maybe now I'll see what all the hype is about.

Dying

Undisclosed

Aw heck

Straczinski's been entertaining me for YEARS. He'll be great

United States
    I am not a B5 fan but that is more a matter of taste rather than quality.
    He will probably do a good job. And being faithful to the novel is a really good start. If Brad Pitt is in it that will guarantee a sick budget
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    it's good to hear news of any kind. I haven't heard anything since the time they announced that Brad Pitt's studio won the rights.

Canada
    i hope the movie does the book justice.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    i hope the movie does the book justice.
    I hope that Max Brooks is in it.