Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hope the zombie F/X don't include "demon eyes."

Undisclosed

I hope the zombie F/X don't include "demon eyes."

One thing I did not care for in LAND was the fact the zombies had weird contact lenses in to make them look more scary. In my opinion, this detracted from the scariness and made them look more cartoony. I don't like the "demon" eyes for zombies. They're dead. Just give them dead milky eyes (like in NIGHT 90), or no contacts at all. This was a problem for me in DAWN 04, too, as the zombies had weird blue contacts in.
    "Totally Togepi!"

United States
    YES! on the milky eyes! I hate the contacts also.
    PLUS - I hope there is NOT another roaring Big Daddy-type zombie!!!

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    well.. i think the "demon eyes" of land were decent, because ther was red veins and (except big daddy)were very subtle.The worst "demon eyes "i see are in the new day of the dead zombies. the photos looks horrible!!like a "night of the demons" or "the convent"creature.

United States
    I didn't notice demon eyes too bad in Land... What I DID notice them in was 28 days later (Despite it not being a zombie flick) their eyes just looked red and ****ing scary...

But anyways, I honestly didn't like the look of the zombies in Night '90. I thought it was a great remake, but the facial expressions the zombies made was just annoying to me.

I hope he just goes with either Dawn or Day effects... Maybe even Night '68 since they're freshly created zombies, they wouldn't look all decayed.

That's one thing I didn't understand about Land, Cholo got up and looked like he'd been a zombie forever... Oh well.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    One thing I did not care for in LAND was the fact the zombies had weird contact lenses in to make them look more scary. In my opinion, this detracted from the scariness and made them look more cartoony. I don't like the "demon" eyes for zombies. They're dead. Just give them dead milky eyes (like in NIGHT 90), or no contacts at all. This was a problem for me in DAWN 04, too, as the zombies had weird blue contacts in.
    I've seen a test makeup from Greg Nicotero for "Diary of the Dead" and there was no "demon" look to the eyes. In fact, the eyes were one of the best designs of the makeup actually. Very different from the "Land of the Dead" zombies. Don't know if that will be the final design though, but it still looked pretty good to me.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome View Post
    PLUS - I hope there is NOT another roaring Big Daddy-type zombie!!!
    AMEN! Big Daddy was the downfall of Land. Any one have an official roar count?

There I was in the theater going to see the first film from my favorite director on the big screen and feeling kind of embarrassed of that damn zombie.

Just been bitten

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    I've seen a test makeup from Greg Nicotero for "Diary of the Dead" and there was no "demon" look to the eyes. In fact, the eyes were one of the best designs of the makeup actually. Very different from the "Land of the Dead" zombies. Don't know if that will be the final design though, but it still looked pretty good to me.
    Do they look anything like the zombies from Night'90? I always thouth it had the most realistic-looking zombies.
    God is Santa Claus for adults

Undisclosed
    Any way you can pass it along? I'd really like to see it

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah....I'm not a big fan of the "demon eyes", either. Although, in "Land", I didn't consider those to be "demon eyes". Big Daddy's were close to it but most of them just had a kind of blood-shot, vein look to them.(look at pictures of #9--cool blood-shot effect on her's)

Overall....Night90 had the best dead eyes, I think.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    test makeup??? where?? when?? i wanna see that stuff man!!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by twistbud View Post
    There I was in the theater going to see the first film from my favorite director on the big screen and feeling kind of embarrassed of that damn zombie.
    yup, I was shrinking in my seat everytime Big Daddy roared.

I've seen a test makeup from Greg Nicotero for "Diary of the Dead" .....
    El Cool-o
    Got a link, I'd love to see some of that!
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 03-Oct-2006 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    I've seen a test makeup from Greg Nicotero for "Diary of the Dead"
    Greg is doing the fx?

Shweet!!!!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by twistbud View Post
    AMEN! Big Daddy was the downfall of Land. Any one have an official roar count?
    This could turn into a new drinking game. Every time Big Daddy roars, you have to drink a shot.

See, the movie does have some merit after all!

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, Night90 had the best eyes - and actually had the most anatomically correct zombies out of all the films, I remember reading/watching something about how they did a load of research into what actually happens to the body after death and incorporated that into their designs, rather than working from "this is what I think happens/probably happens something like this".

Aye, I didn't think "demon eyes" with Land, I thought more along the line of "bloodshot yellow", if anything, it looked more like they'd been on 'da chronic' for a bit too long.

United States
    If I could I would post the photo. However, Greg asked that I not put it on the internet. He said that he is the "FX producer" on this one, so I'm not sure just how big of a role he will have this time around.
    The eyes for the makeup look swollen, for lack of a better word. Almost like a dog when it has cherry eye.
    I liked it and thought it was different than the LOTD zombie look.