Thread: New STALKER video...

Super Moderator

UK

New STALKER video...

http://www.thq-games.com/uk/thqtv/show/763

Interesting stuff, an interview intercut with footage from the game, including stuff from the cinematics (which look rather tasty).

SIX more days, bitches!

capncnut
    I have to say MZ, the attention to detail looked mighty impressive.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I have to say MZ, the attention to detail looked mighty impressive.

Yeaaaahhhh bitch.

While a lot of games go for "looking swish" with their graphics, STALKER aims for gritty realism, and that's certainly the impression I got when I played the MP Beta Demo, gritty realism ... I went inside a building and there was even one of those crazy foreign "pop a squat" toilets in a battered cubicle.

Apparently the game matches real life for about 60% of the game - in terms of settings. They added some bits here and there to fill in some gaps, that in a game would just make for boring areas to play in, or they change little details to suit the game (it is set in like 2012 after all), but what I thought was a rather nifty thing was one of the (self dubbed) "stalkers" of the Chernobyl plant (people hired to make sure it's kept in good enough shape etc) recognised their office in the game!

Either a stalker, or someone who used to work at Chernobyl - one or the other, my memory is fuzzy on that, but both those groups of people have been shown the game, among many others. F*ck me, almost 5 days left!!!