Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2: Any good?

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

Battlefield 2: Any good?

I've played Battlefield Vietnam and I'm thinking about picking up a copy of BF2 at Gamestation, but I wanna know if the game is any good first. I don't wanna buy it and then discover that it is crap...

oh, and I found this

Last edited by Cykotic; 18-Feb-2007 at 01:50 PM.

England
    Its very good!online multiplayer is awesome & theres so many things you can do in the game.Its also great when you use some tactics that work and you just know some foreign kid was bashing his keyboard in anger when you blew him up with C4 or something
    If you do get it,find some good servers that arent full of idiots though,because nothing ruins the game more than cheaters & hackers.Its best to play on a server with like minded people who use tactics & take part in defending flags or team based assaults etc,rather than just hanging around the runway for the duration of the game waiting for aircraft to spawn

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    On the PC it's GREAT. I believe up to 64 people can play on a server. You can even fly jets!

On the original XBOX it's a blast, too. Different game, though.

I didn't really like it on 360 but that might have been because I was so used to XBOX's version.

Super Moderator

UK
    For the PC it's great fun, I don't play online as I just can't be arsed to deal with all the wankers, plus I'm generally lazy, AND that computer isn't connected to the internet.

Anyway, just playing single player is fun, C4 especially provides gallons of goodness, I've just picked up playing it again, in fact, today. Was listening to the Black Hawk Down OST, then watched some of the DVD features for the film, then I got all hot and bothered and simply had to run around with an AK-47 in an urban sprawl gunning down the bad guys.

United States
    I agree, and I'm hooked on BF2 myself. One of the best aspects of the game is it's ability to "push" people to work together as you'll score more points and move up through the ranks quicker. The original BF1942 was great, but most people were "lone wolves" (ie: they never worked together as a 'team' with anyone) and that kinda sucked 'cause it was "every man and woman for themselves" - and while that can be fun, BF2 awards you for HELPING your team members, not picking them off when they're stealing your heli or plane!

It's great - it does have issues as any video game does, but for a "team-play, FPS game" it's kick ass overall and worth the cash.

Lets put it this way: out of the 100's of games I own, this is one of the 7-8 games I have actually plopped down the cash to buy.

LC

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    if you play single player or offline
    make a mod folder and put some of these cool well developed weapons
    from here in it
    this wont disturb online account
    http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...artillery+nuke
    handheld vulcan's
    top down armor attacking javelin handheld rocketry
    deadly oerlikon (30 mm caliber I beleive) AA emplacements
    dirtbikes
    humvee with minigun or one with AA and AT missiles
    nuclear artillery for commander ala end of one of the return of the living dead movies
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...nukeeffect.jpg
    and more such as changing your armies and their weapon loadouts that load
    if I can mod that game anyone can lol
    Last edited by Bongholio; 27-Mar-2007 at 01:10 AM.

United States
    BF2 is cool; but super intensive on the processor and card.

But ...

Even better are the MODS coming off of it

Project Reality
    Forgotten Hope 2

-

If you're into the BF franchise, I'd reccomend it

Super Moderator

UK
    Agreed, the Mods for BF2 are great, I've mainly stuck with just single player maps, but it really helped improve the game as 85% of the stock maps sucked hard and weren't really interesting to play, but the ones I've downloaded have generally been very good, especially great to see maps set in an urban environment, which is what you were promised with BF2, but it only gave you a snifter of that.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    snifter?lol
    more like a thimble full
    Modding was extensively delayed because EA didnt want competition from
    the mod community (check that site I mentioned for a gander) for their own expansion packs.
    SatNav and the rest of the guys on BFSP are wonderfully committed to
    improving what EA left out or makes you BUY.

England
    Im not a fan of urban maps,the only one i enjoy is the sharqi peninsula one!I prefer the open air maps with little villages on them,such as wake island & shongua stalemate & the kubra dam
    I hate kharkand,yet half the servers are always on that map
    Operation harvest on the armoured fury add on is probably one of the best maps for the game though,shame not many servers run it!

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, Khakand is a bit dud to be honest, but it was an EA map, so there ya go, lol...I prefer the urban combat as you don't have a bunch of tanks and choppers and airstrikes going on, which can get really lame in some mod maps, I want street battles and shiite.

United States
    I prefer the urban combat maps; firefights in the streets battling for a flag in a little market square; good times.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    So, I got my hands on BF2 and now I'm totally addicted to it!!

I've become somewhat of a very good chopper pilot...

England
    Aaahhh but you cant beat slugging it out in tanks,or rumbling into said market square while sat in the turret gunning everyone down who tries to run away!or on the opposite end a tank comes into the market square while your on foot,so you run up behind,slap some C4 on,then run off and detonate,they hate that
    Im not bad in the choppers (considering i use keyboard an mouse) but im lethal in a jet!i play best as a sniper though,if i get to one of my positions i can rack up maybe 20-30 kills in a round,without getting killed myself!and i dont cheat either.Sometimes the entire enemy team makes a point of looking for me cos ive p*ssed them off so much

Super Moderator

UK
    *ug*

I'm crap flying choppers on BF2, got a little better after initially sucking the fat one, even bothered landing one once ... but it took me so long if there'd be enemy fire I'd have been nailed long, long ago.

Jets are crazy fast, can't kill anyone with them to save my life!

I'm all about Hummers, jeeps, buggies, tanks and on-foot combat. Can't snipe to save my life either...well, depends...