Thread: Daleks in Manhattan... this is gonna be good!! **may contain spoilers**

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

Daleks in Manhattan... this is gonna be good!! **may contain spoilers**

So, I've been looking forward to this two part story, but from what I've seen of the new Radio Times cover, It's gonna be somewhat different.

If you don't wanna see what I mean, Don't click here!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think its got somethin' to do with that darlek from the ecleston ep of the same name, cus it was never proven that it self destructed it could have just dissappeared into the time stream like that darlek theta did t the last season finale'.

it would explain why theres a little shot of a gold darlek in the teaser at the end of episode 3, since all the other gold ones came out of the genesis device or whatever it was called ,how else could there be a gold darlek,

maybe it took in too much of roses dna and became a that human darlek hybrid

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Nope. If you remember at the end of the series 2 episode "Doomsday", The leader of the Cult of Skaro did a "Temporal Shift". Who is to say that other Daleks didn't do the same. Although, I think that the Dalek/Human hybrid thing may have something to do with the Daleks experimenting on Human/Pig Hybrids....

otherwise known as Jade Goody

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that would be the best twist ever, cus how else does she keep getting work, being miss piggys sister should only have got here so far.

United States
    Reminds me of humanoids from the deep

Any species that has it's brain exposed to air better have massive healing or regeneration abilities

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Kazakhstan
    a lot of people arent liking this new twist, i think it could be interesting...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Undisclosed
    i think the new Dr Who is awesome

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    a lot of people arent liking this new twist, i think it could be interesting...
    gotta admit it i think the ood look cooler but hey nice plot twist, though if this is what the face of bo meant by what he said then screw the writers!

Twitching

Undisclosed
    According to Radio Times, since the Daleks began life as genetecists in Genesis of the Daleks, it makes sense they'd return to their roots. There were four Daleks who survived 'Doomsday' and check out the torchwood site about 1930's New York...

capncnut
    Yeah, this episode is gonna be awesome. The clips they showed at the end of (I think) the Christmas special were jaw dropping. Gonna have to get a bottle in for that one methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i think its got somethin' to do with that darlek from the ecleston ep of the same name, cus it was never proven that it self destructed it could have just dissappeared into the time stream like that darlek theta did t the last season finale'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    Nope. If you remember at the end of the series 2 episode "Doomsday", The leader of the Cult of Skaro did a "Temporal Shift". Who is to say that other Daleks didn't do the same. Although, I think that the Dalek/Human hybrid thing may have something to do with the Daleks experimenting on Human/Pig Hybrids....
    Whovians... gotta love 'em.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    According to Radio Times, since the Daleks began life as genetecists in Genesis of the Daleks, it makes sense they'd return to their roots. There were four Daleks who survived 'Doomsday' and check out the torchwood site about 1930's New York...
    yeah tell me about it, in the new who they said "there genetisists" once and from then on were basically just annoyingly loud tanks, having them do like crazy genetic experiments would be much better, i just hope they dont kill this black darlek on his second appearance, he's got the makings of a long time bad guy, not on the same binary opposite level as the master, but the last time lord and the last darlek continuing a fight there respective races died in seems like a pretty obvious idea.
    though you know this davis guy who writes it will kill him off at the end, with a possibility for a return later on but then by the end everything will be right with the world, or better again, maybe its from growing up watching stuff like deep space nine and stargate but the doctor needs some kind of long running enemy, and a time travelling one like a darlek is the only possible one just becuase all the enemys he fights are isolated to one time period and the darlek isnt.