Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BIG Sony news!!!

capncnut

BIG Sony news!!!

Sony fans may be getting treated to a huge announcement on Monday, if the latest rumour doing the rounds is to be believed.

Alluding to an upcoming interview, the team on the AllGamesNetwork podcast hinted that something big will become embargo-free next week. Details were sparse, but the following was said:

"I can tell you this... On June 11th PlayStation nation will be smiling wide, because they are gonna have something the 360 people can only dream of... and it was real time!... Real time I'm tellin' ya! What we saw... we’ve been sworn to secrecy."

The most obvious guess is that a new PS3 exclusive is about to be announced, or that further details of an already-known title are going to see daylight. The name Killzone 2 keeps bubbling up in forum postings. SPOnG, however, is dubious. With Sony having confirmed that the Killzone 2 will be playable at E3, it seems unlikely that the company will be making a big announcement about the game before then.
    "Something the 360 people can only dream of", that has to be quote of the century!

Still, I wonder what it is?

Super Moderator

UK
    If it's anything short of something for chaps to dip their winky in to get virtual sex for free, then I think it's not going to make much of a dent, besides, judging by Terran's signature, SexBox369 has gone past the 11 million mark.

I wonder how much those people were paid to be so apparently excited?

capncnut
    Mmm... still no word, found this though.

Rumors are fun, aren't they? Well, this isn't exactly a rumor, but more like a "you just wait and see!" thing. A recent podcast at All Games has hinted at a huge PS3-related announcement that will hit on June 11.

Obviously, this sounds like the unveiling of a new and exclusive PS3 title, but we don't know what it might be. Killzone 2? Gran Turismo 5 arriving earlier than expected? The entire thing is very mysterious, and it's surprising that we haven't heard anything about a major blockbuster title; a title that has miraculously avoided the probing eyes of the press. All Games responded to the hype by saying this.

"Hey guys, this is Scott from the podcast mentioned in this thread. The game we saw had an embargo of June 10th on it and on the 11th we'll have the developer and creator of the game live on our show so you can ask questions in chat or via skype. Sometimes magazines do in fact leak out before embargos because they have a lead time for printing. That said, the game appears to be very cool and as we said it's something that no 360 owner will be playing. I don't want to break our embargo but as a PS3 owner who hasn't been happy with the game selection, I thought this was a pretty awesome title with a lot of promise."

Undisclosed
    Well Im interested to see what all the hoopla is about...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut
    I think it's Fantavsion 2.

Seriously though, bearing in mind that this announcement is "something 360 owners can dream about" (that one's still killin'
    me ), I have come to the following conclusions.

1. Gran Turismo 5 will arrive early - Sony claim 360 owners still lack a good driving game, a load of bollocks I know but you got to see it from their deluded minds.

2. The Agency - an absolutely stunning-sounding MMO that's promising to push the boundaries, something that would hit the 360 hard if successful.

3. A completely new game - maybe a Rockstar exclusive or a new sequel to a previously popular game like Ico or something.

Either way, it's rumour to generate some cash for the billion unsold units they have worldwide and is probably a total overhype.

Oh well, one more day and then we'll know.
    Last edited by capncnut; 10-Jun-2007 at 12:20 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quite a lot of blowharding, and chuffing all over themselves perhaps.

If it's just Killzone 2, then I'll larf my arse right off my body.

Mind you, Halo 3 is a comin', GTA4 isn't exclusive to P$3 anymore...and is Alan Wake coming to Peeeeee3?

capncnut
    Mmm... don't think they would generate all this hype over Killzone 2. I think it's a completely new title, whatever it is.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i reckon it'll be that lame ass sims wannabe thing "home"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i reckon it'll be that lame ass sims wannabe thing "home"
    Not sure about that, "Home" has been getting a lot of press of late, but I guess maybe you could perhaps be right, but I duno, it's just had a fair bit of press already...and it doesn't look great, just some cheapo MMO style area where you can digitally dance with people you've never met and watch each other's youtube type clips in a virtual "cinema".

I think Second Life has got that market sewn up pretty much.

I wonder what it'll be, guess we'll find out tomorrow.

capncnut
    Hearing rumours of a playable Metal Gear 4 demo...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats it?, if so that aint gonna get people to trade in there 360's adn wii's is it?, especially since the predessesors have been out on the cube and the xbox.

capncnut
    Surely Sony would've announced any big hitters upon the PS3's release, other than GT5, MGS4 and Killzone 2, what else do they have? I'm really trying to rack my brains as to what else it could be but my mind draws a blank.

I only hope for their sake it isn't Metal Gear 4 as that franchise is as cold as yesterday's custard.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Whatever it is it better be good. Sony still hasn't given people a reason, especially 360 and wii owners, to absolutely have to have a ps3. The longer it takes the worse it looks for them.

Canada
    i say it iptv announcement, something xbox360 been trying to do since launch. or dvr capabilities.

United States
    Eh, I bet they are just going to show gameplay of MGS4.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190