Thread: Not enough immigrants to keep crime down?

United States

Not enough immigrants to keep crime down?

You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post

do you want your area flooded with thease illiegals? i read a story here in england of thease immagrants killing swans to eat!! they got done by the cops cause those swans are the queens birds.men that have fought in 2 world wars are denied benefits here because those scum are coming here, and taking all the benefits,health care,and housing.
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think that theory is a crock. However, it does seem that a country's first obligation should be to care for it's veterans rather than paying for the healthcare of people who for all intents and purposes shouldn't even be there.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Interesting indeed. I think questions like these are hard to provide concrete answers. As far as immigration goes, I understand the desire to keep hordes of people from swarming in "your" area, taking up all the natural resources, but on the other hand, it is hard for me to appreciate the "draw a line in the sand, you stay on your side" line of thought, when all the good stuff is on my side of the sand, not yours. The world would be a much better place is there was a more reasonable sharing of resources, rather than the way it is now. Is it fair that the Arabs nations, whose residents just happen to live above large deposits of oil, should enjoy enormous wealth, simply by luck of their birth? It seems akin to me that if I happen to own property where there was the only known deposits of an aids cure there, and I held the rest of the world hostage demanding billions of dollars for it. No doubt I would want to be compensated, but shouldnt there by some compassion in my heart for those that are in need?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Interesting indeed. I think questions like these are hard to provide concrete answers. As far as immigration goes, I understand the desire to keep hordes of people from swarming in "your" area, taking up all the natural resources, but on the other hand, it is hard for me to appreciate the "draw a line in the sand, you stay on your side" line of thought, when all the good stuff is on my side of the sand, not yours. The world would be a much better place is there was a more reasonable sharing of resources, rather than the way it is now. Is it fair that the Arabs nations, whose residents just happen to live above large deposits of oil, should enjoy enormous wealth, simply by luck of their birth? It seems akin to me that if I happen to own property where there was the only known deposits of an aids cure there, and I held the rest of the world hostage demanding billions of dollars for it. No doubt I would want to be compensated, but shouldnt there by some compassion in my heart for those that are in need?

I think that it's just as you said. The arab NATIONS as in the MONARCHY are wealthy because of oil revenue. The vast majority are living in sub standard conditions while the top 5% live in luxury. So it seems that it's unfair everywhere you go.

I disagree with the article because, as has been proven time and again, you can make statistics say virtually anything you want them to. I could make a chart drawing the correlation between the lack of immigrants in the midwest and their frequency of tornados. Of course it's bull but the statistics can make it look legit.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I think that it's just as you said. The arab NATIONS as in the MONARCHY are wealthy because of oil revenue. The vast majority are living in sub standard conditions while the top 5% live in luxury. So it seems that it's unfair everywhere you go.
    True that. Not to just pick on Arab countries. Even though supposedly there isnt a MPONARCHY in this country, the top 1% own 95% of everything. The distribution of wealth is out of whack the world over.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I disagree with the article because, as has been proven time and again, you can make statistics say virtually anything you want them to. I could make a chart drawing the correlation between the lack of immigrants in the midwest and their frequency of tornados. Of course it's bull but the statistics can make it look legit.
    Good point. I was wondering why there were all those tornadoes recently.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    True that. Not to just pick on Arab countries. Even though supposedly there isnt a MPONARCHY in this country, the top 1% own 95% of everything. The distribution of wealth is out of whack the world over
    Oligarchy is a form of government where political power effectively rests with a small, elite segment of society (whether distinguished by wealth, family or military prowess).
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    not to run into yet another immigration debate...

i do live where lots of illegals live where i live in charleston and even in california the illegals were rampant everywhere... living in bushes and on streets... i dont like to see them it makes me feel bad because i live better than them ...

but just to be fair... killing swans to eat beats oil companies beating seal pups to death with clubs to drill for oil...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    killing swans to eat beats oil companies beating seal pups to death with clubs to drill for oil...
    But the seals are TAKING OUR JOBS!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post

not to run into yet another immigration debate...

i do live where lots of illegals live where i live in charleston and even in california the illegals were rampant everywhere... living in bushes and on streets... i dont like to see them it makes me feel bad because i live better than them ...

but just to be fair... killing swans to eat beats oil companies beating seal pups to death with clubs to drill for oil...

your an american citizen and have every right to live better than them. you work hard all week dont you? ps,,,,the swans are like a way of life here.
    Last edited by flyboy; 01-Jul-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    bloody seals coming over here taking our food and women...