Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beginnings....

Undisclosed

beginnings....

am i the only one who feels that land should have had more of an intro to the whole plague?

i felt they should have maybe told a little history of the whole thing and maybe even showed parts from the other three movies so fans can get more of an insight on things as far as timelines!

i think they blew there the intro to fast!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They couldn't show clips of the older films because of copyright reasons.

There was a trailer with clips of the older films, but was taken down shortly after due to copyrights.

And no...I don't think "Land" should have been a "biginning" film. There's too many of those and this isn't one of them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    And no...I don't think "Land" should have been a "biginning" film. There's too many of those and this isn't one of them.
    damn straight, every tom, dick and asshoel who makes a zombie film has to go all 'epic' and i use the term in sarcasm only, and start there own mythos with about 45 minutes of ''outbreak scenarios'', ive only made 1 zombie flick myslef, a 40 minute thing about on of the last men alive, no ''and it slowly spread' crap just a guy avoiding zombies to survive, i hate how people all start these beginnings thinking its the start to a trilogy of there own thats standing out, but its a virus in every freakin' one, cmon people y'know im right!

United States
    It wouldn't have made since to make any reference to Day in Land, seeing as the events there had not happened yet.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT
    It wouldn't have made since to make any reference to Day in Land, seeing as the events there had not happened yet.
    Ugggggggh!

I love you because of your flaws Philly Swat, not in spite of them

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Heck yes, FAR too many "in the beginning" zombie movies. I'm sick of it, the audience already bloody knows to shoot zombies in the head already, we don't need YET ANOTHER group of idiots shooting them in the chest for ages until the lightbulb above their dumb-dumb noggins flicks on.

What I loved about Land was that it was so far into the plague, no other zombie movie has done that, it's always the beginning. Over and over and over. Only a few can do that and do it well (Shaun for example - which shows us the beginning, middle and end of an outbreak all in one film, noiiice).

I'm hot and sweaty with this UK heat...peace out.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT

riiiight...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie

What I loved about Land was that it was so far into the plague, no other zombie movie has done that, it's always the beginning. Over and over and over. Only a few can do that and do it well (Shaun for example - which shows us the beginning, middle and end of an outbreak all in one film, noiiice).
    Well, if you liked that then hopefully they follow Max Brooks' novel World War Z chapter for chapter since some of it occurs during the aftermath of the war against the undead with survivors detailing their personal accounts of what they had to do to fight the plague.

I think that's one type of zombie movie that hasn't been done. The aftermath and clean-up of a worldwide epidemic.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here is a link to the original teaser trailer from LAND of the DEAD. This teaser was pulled 48 hours after release because of the copyright issues with DAWN and DAY.

Tis in Quick Time!

http://playingwithdeadthings.com/14819028.mov
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed

They did..

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT
    am i the only one who feels that land should have had more of an intro to the whole plague?

i felt they should have maybe told a little history of the whole thing and maybe even showed parts from the other three movies so fans can get more of an insight on things as far as timelines!

i think they blew there the intro to fast!

Land did have an intro...The 1st three films.

Undisclosed
    I'd just like to point out that the trailer -- pulled for copyright, not creative reasons -- clearly establishes that the events of Night, Dawn, and Day occur BEFORE Land.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by panic
    I'd just like to point out that the trailer -- pulled for copyright, not creative reasons -- clearly establishes that the events of Night, Dawn, and Day occur BEFORE Land.

Hahaha ... try "re-telling" that to philly swat and his mental block!!!

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe

that's not a mental block, it's bad breeding.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by panic
    I'd just like to point out that the trailer -- pulled for copyright, not creative reasons -- clearly establishes that the events of Night, Dawn, and Day occur BEFORE Land
    Quote Originally Posted by Deasman_Deluxe
    So, when promoting the movie "Missing in Action Part II" clips from and mention of "Missing in Action" clearly establish that the events in part II happen after the first one? I dont think so, it was a prequel. That line of argument is not valid. Same thing for Star Wars...they referenced the first three filsm when promoting the 4th, does that mean that "Episode I" takes place after Star Wars? Again, you can see how it doesnt. They were simply using proven money-generating techniques..establish a link to something that has made money in the past to help the new venture make more money than maybe it would have otherwise.

I am not saying that the "pulled trailor" helps support my assertion, it doesnt. I am saying that it doesnt support your assertion either.

Undisclosed
    Just browsing wikipedia and I came across this definition and it made me think of Philly_Swat:

Delusion: A false belief based on incorrect inference about external reality that is firmly sustained despite what almost everybody else believes and despite what constitutes incontrovertible and obvious proof or evidence to the contrary. The belief is not one ordinarily accepted by other members of the person's culture or subculture (e.g. it is not an article of religious faith).