Thread: Alan wake..

England

Alan wake..

Heres a few screenshots from the PC gamer disk this month,its looking like a succulent delight!

Last edited by Tricky; 09-Sep-2007 at 07:45 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    This game is blatantly gonna make me spoodge all over the wall.

I've been gagging for this since I first heard of it. The Max Payne games were superb, this is guaranteed to be a ball stomper. This game will make a splash for sure.

United Kingdom
    The atmosphere those shots present is just astounding!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    this months?, aside from the bottom pick the others have been on the site and were on a uk official 360 magazine dvd since about february, so yeah ,one new pick. officially most scretive game ever, and that just makes me want to play it more, hope its not a fable/bioshock "great but not as great as expected" type game.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well if you anticipate something too much, or get doused with too many tidbits, then you will more than likely end up being let down, especially if the way it's pimped isn't spot-on.

Kinda like what happened to Grindhouse, all this pimpage and it wasn't always on target, so it kinda messed up a little - still, brilliant film regardless.

Either that or it's just the old *ahem* juh-juh-juh-jaaaaaaded.

England
    Theres a fair few more pics on the disk,i just posted a select few,but yeah it does build up the suspense waiting for the game!
    Theres some juicy shots of crysis on there as well,thats going to be pretty special if the gameplay matches up to the visuals!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the visuals could be spoodge worthy (gross) but they story coudl still suck.

Super Moderator

UK
    Like FarCry - terrible story, and pretty dodgy acting - but it looked great and was fun to play. With Crysis however, they've probably got an ASSLOAD more money, so they can afford to write a better script, ponce the visuals up even more, and get better actors in.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the alien bits look bitching but theres a lot more footage of fighting generic merceneries than there are aliens which aint a good sign.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    the alien bits look bitching but theres a lot more footage of fighting generic merceneries than there are aliens which aint a good sign.
    Or they're keeping the aliens more in-the-bag because they don't wanna blow their load in previews and then there's nothing to look forward to or nothing to go "ooh" at.

Enough to give us a cock-jiggle, but not too much to leave us balls-dry.

England
    I dont mind fighting the mercs!it was good on farcry!only downside was they didnt have many character models so you seemed to be fighting the same 3 blokes most of the game

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I dont mind fighting the mercs!it was good on farcry!only downside was they didnt have many character models so you seemed to be fighting the same 3 blokes most of the game
    lol! Indeed, I actually liked the Merc fighting loads more than the mutant fighting. I liked all the stuff outside rather than indoors, and during the day rather than at night.

Blowing away mercs on a tropical island with the sun shining and the water crisp and blue? Hell yes!