View Poll Results: Is Land of the dead a good movie?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 64.71%
  • No

12 35.29%
  • not seen it, yet.

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: the thread to end all land threads

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

the thread to end all land threads

so for my frst, adn probably only, land thread its a simply poll, is land a good movie> yes or no, simple, jus to see once and for all what the overall general view on the forum is, as a horror movie on its own is it good or does it suck?, im not talking about comparing to dawn 04 or something, jsut on its own is it good?

capncnut
    Yes, of course. I'll say it one more time, it wasn't the best by a long shot but it's still far from a turd.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    so for my frst, adn probably only, land thread its a simply poll, is land a good movie> yes or no, simple, jus to see once and for all what the overall general view on the forum is, as a horror movie on its own is it good or does it suck?, im not talking about comparing to dawn 04 or something, jsut on its own is it good?

It's well known that i don't like land. However, it is true that while it's the least of gar's dead films it's still better than virtually every other zombie film out there. So i don't find it utterly unwatchable. That said, it's like saying that you're disapointed with one of Michaelangelo's sculptures. Just say he was a modern artist. The man was obviously a master at what he did but for some reason or another his latest effort was dissapointing. I expected so much more because he has set the bar so high. It's the same with gar's work. We've come to expect a certain level of genius, for lack of a better term, and land just pales in comparison to the other films. Like i've said before. Land reminds me of a sci-fi channel original movie and i know gar is capable of much more than that. We've all been witnesses to that. It's also like when your favorite athelete is either hurt or slumping and is not playing up to his potential. Even though he's only operating at 70% you still rather have them out there over anyone else because even a mediocre effort from them is still better than almost anyone else could do.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    What? We have a new 'be all, end all' poll on this topic each year?!

But I voted. It's a good film. It's got some warts, but it's good.

Edit: I think we have a new poll every 6 months, after taking a quick look back through this board.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 31-Oct-2007 at 04:26 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Well said, darth_los. Ditto.

A begrudging Yes from me.

Banned User

United States
    I voted yes although I agree with the fact Land isn't nearly as good as the other three.

Do you think anyone would ever vote haven't seen it yet on purpose?

United States
    I had to say No. I hated saying no, because I don't HATE the movie. But was it a GOOD movie? Even by non-GAR standards I would have to say no. ARRGGGHHH. This was an unfair question, There should be a middle question. "It was OK" or "Needs Improvement"
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Where's the "meh" option?

I voted "yes", just because I didn't absolutely despise it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiegirl View Post
    Do you think anyone would ever vote haven't seen it yet on purpose?

I think that's a cop out and if they really haven't seen it they should have their membership revoked. Or atleast sent to those old style "re-education" camps.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Norway
    It is pretty good.

United States
    Hellsing, I call shenanigans on your poll. Shenanigans!!!!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I voted no, because in all honesty I think it was a boring crap movie.

But I know that this poll will come out in a landslide saying it was the end all of films or whatever. But does that mean I can no longer say it was trash without a buncha people telling me I am wrong, and to come look at the poll?

England
    I had to vote no.

If the same question was asked about Night, Night 1990, Dawn or Day, I wouldn't have hesitated to jab at the "Yes" button.

Land = GAR's worst ever zombie movie.

Edit: Sorry Hellsing, but I was unable not to compare Land with GAR's other dead movies.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 01-Nov-2007 at 04:24 PM.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Where's the "meh" option?
    Yeah, really...

I voted no.

Super Moderator

UK
    http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...highlight=poll

Result: 60% LIKE, 28.89% ALRIGHT, 11.11% DISLIKE.

Then Philly wanted to complicate things () and then the anti-Land side lost again:

Result: Well over 50% in favour of the film.

And just to rub it in even more:

Land comes AFTER Day.

My point being, with those, and now this one, it's consistent proof that Land is officially good/great/awesome.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 03-Nov-2007 at 10:43 AM.