Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What drives a person to suicide?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    You can never quite know whats going on inside someones head,even those who seem outwardly happy & have no obvious problems might have some secret problem thats eating them up on the inside,enough for them to consider taking their own life
    Well said! I think all us are two different people... The person on the inside and the person on the outside...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Canada
    hopelessness,feeling like the end is near,no self esteem

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    'Ritcheson, a Mexican-American who was beaten unconscious and sodomized with a plastic pole by a man shouting "White Power!" '

..yeah i can kinda see how that might push you to do something like that. and lets face it any white guy whos used the phrase "white power" is a disgrace to there ethnicity, and speaking as a white guy myself there ****ing scum that are relics of a waybygone (thankfully) era.

-anyway.

i hope the racist mother****ers proud of himself, a human life, a soul, wasted, he had his whole life ahead of him and one act of another individual drove him to snuff out his own spark so to speak, the guy could have cured cancer, written up a peace treaty, been a great novelist or anything, but now he never will.
    its stuff like this that makes you think how us homo sapiens, on the whole are generally scum nowadays. its a sad fact but if one human can be so evil as to do an act like this and drive anotehr to take his own life were not exatly the enlitened race people in the 40's writing sci-fi thought we would be.

on the topic though a while bakc on a horror forum i found a thread by a long time member (you know few thousand posts) had done a thread stating "you killed me", being a human with that sense of macarbe fascination i clicked on it, all it said was "you killed me. i hope your happy".
    and the guy never posted on there again.
    did he really do it, or was it just a sick joke?
    either way to do that on the internet, especially if he did himself in, rather than tell freinds but rather an online community of people hes never met is a very sad thing indeed.

i cant help but hate those moronic people who hate people based on their heritage. it doesnt make sense because of the simple fact that someone can hurt a person cuz they "dont look like them". they scream "white power" but i've never seen a white person in my life. i dont think anyone has
    Last edited by acealive1; 06-Jul-2007 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^ well theres albino guys and gals but totally, i saw a show a while back were people tested a bunch of british peoples DNA to see there heritage, the ones that didnt care got some cool surprises , like a doddering old lady shared dna with ghengis khan, but all the right wing "white is right" types who aid "nine generations all british or you arent" were, in there own words, all 'mongrels' one woman leading an anti muslim route found out she had 70% of here 5th generation DNA coming from the middle east, she then contacted the show trying to sue them for telling the truth

since england fits into, apparently, texas 17 times ,nyone who can trace back there blood 9 gneerations of british blood (which i think of the top fo my head is 519 people though that sounds wrong ) on an island as small of this then theres a word for you and it aint "pure british bulldog" its "I-N-B-R-E-D", i think one of my grandads has polish grandparents on one side, but im english i dont think it affects who i am but i wont be told im not for having 4 or so generations back some polish folks, its cool in a way, to know youve got a little bit of blood from other countrys i think, kinda makes you feel insignifiant in the timestream of life but at the same time, part fo a great big whole if you get my meaning.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    some people are just weird. thy had skin heads on jerry springer once and the guy goes "what power!!" springer goes "whats ur last name" and it was some kind of polish name. and hes like "so u hate people but ur polish? dont skin heads hate them too?"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    for once the micehal jackson "its ignorance" excuse seems to have actual value

United States
    Liam... nope didn't start a thread like this a while back though Hellsing had one about a old schoolmate who killed himself and asked if he was a dick for not crying... at least I think it was HS?

The thing that I find most discouraging about suicide is that the people who dont want to reach out for help would have to talk about why they want to kill themselves if they want to get help... and obviously if they have such a bad life that they can't talk to anyone about it they're going to have a mighty hard time opening up to a professional... lets face it psychologists and psychiatrists are scary... i should know.. i've seen at least 20 different ones lol
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Liam... nope didn't start a thread like this a while back though Hellsing had one about a old schoolmate who killed himself and asked if he was a dick for not crying... at least I think it was HS?
    whatchu-talkin'-about-missjackson!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    some people are just weird. thy had skin heads on jerry springer once and the guy goes "what power!!" springer goes "whats ur last name" and it was some kind of polish name. and hes like "so u hate people but ur polish? dont skin heads hate them too?"
    That's why you should always check yourself before you wreck yourself.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    whatchu-talkin'-about-missjackson!
    If it wasn't you it was someone else from the UK... which narrows it down to half the people here! Maybe it was MZ
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html