Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else watch the Ultimate Fighter?

Undisclosed
    thru the years alot of UFC fighters have gone to fight Pride but come back to the big show, alot of times they dont do so good when they return just because there wasnt top notch compitition where they were at, and not just Pride (king of the cage and numerous other Ufc type style compition) dont get me wrong Diego Sancheze ruled at king of the cage and is a dominate threat in his weight class in the UFC
    its all about the Party.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057
    Dude you made me spit Coke all over the keyboard with that one.

I've never watched any Pride fighting, but from what I've heard the people from the UFC go there and rule. Didn't Wanderlai Silva come from the UFC?
    Silva did come from UFC but he didn't hit his peak until he switched over to Pride. If UFC has one advantage in fighters its in the lightweight division. Pride just has too many heavyweights who are hard to take down and at the same time trained for stand-up. I can't see Matt Hughes, Tim Sylvia and any of the UFC heavies being able to take on Mirko Crocop, Fedor Emelianko, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria. The one time Liddell went to fight in Pride he was abused by Quentin Jackson. Really, talk of UFC fighters ranking up scores in their records by going to Pride is abit misleading since UFC fighters do not fight the top fighters in Pride which happens to be the best heavyweights in MMA.

Also, elbows may not be allowed in Pride while the opponent is down like in UFC, but kneeing and kicking them is while its not in the UFC. Both systems have had rules to make the sport more palatable to the gaming commissions that has to ok the tourneys. The one reason why the purportedly Pride FC vs UFC tourney to be held in Vegas hasn't come to fruition is Dana White wanting more of the fights to be between middle and lightweights and using UFC rules over Pride FC rules. UFC seem to have concentrated on signing American fighters more and more while Pride FC is abit more diverse though lately it's been dominated by the Eastern Euros in the heavyweight division.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman