Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bioshock get's a great review...

Undisclosed
    The game is great, but I wouldn't pay $60 for it. I'd definately pay $30 when it goes down in price. I heard there is 2 or more endings so there is replay value. I ran into a glitch as well. Whenever I would regenerate sometimes my weapon or special powers would fire automatically without me pushing any buttons. And first person shooters are too short for me. I wouldn't be satisfied, unless some software company came up with a shooter that had an 80-100 hour story line. The last guy was way too easy for me. He was cool looking and wasn't expecting it. I like how he went down, too. Btw, saved all the sisters *100 achievement points* so my end game might be diffrent if I had killed them all.

The story had good plot twist and was never boring. The weapons were awesome and had a cool retro sci-fi feel to them. When you upgrade weapons they alter in appearance. Some looked so outrageous it was cool. *L* There are numbers slots for equiping powers and upgrades for : health, magic, phsyical, hacking, and item effects to name some. Even the hacking was turned into a mini game.

Graphically, the game was highly impressive. Great eye candy. This is what the current gen should look like. It would have been nicer if I could blown heads off. But, I could set people on fire and watch them run and scream in terror. Electrocute them while standing in water. Sic Big Daddy on them. Unleash a swarm of killer bees. I could go on and on about this.

I give it a 9.5/10. A must play. If you have to have it then buy it. If you don't want to spend $60 then rent it like I did. Either way. Play this game.

Scotland
    Played and completed!

Might I mention, I'm playing on:

2.4 Ghz processor (Overclocked from 2Gig, still to fully push it)
    3Gb Dual DDR Memor (Kingston might I add )
    7950 GT Geforce 520Mb (Gonna get a 8800 for the DX10 soon)

Thats the power, anything else is cosmetic.

Anyway, back to the game....

****.ing loved it, I got tired of the hacking feature after a while but they did fix that with the camera research feature which I though was good, most likely came off the x360 side(Dead Rising Much?).

It has the best death scene Iv'e seen yet, mostly because it's the most graphic. Details below:

It's the death of Mr Ryan, the golf club to the face. I found it reallly good because of the timed hits to the head where he keeps getting up and saying "OBAY" through a broken yaw from the first hit. Then the club getting lodged in his head on the last strike, notice the club falling apart as well.

Aww and the little sisters, I got the evil ending because I harvested 1 sister, just to see what it was like. Bastads!

Anyway, LB rating: 9/10

It only loses out on the lack of various ememies and the end boss being a pussy.