View Poll Results: Are they fake or genuine?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fake

4 40.00%
  • Genuine

2 20.00%
  • Not sure

4 40.00%

Thread: Ghost Hunters (TAPS)... Fake or real...

Administrator

England

Ghost Hunters (TAPS)... Fake or real...

Do they fake stuff... Or are they trying to be fair/genuine?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Genuine. I think it's asinine that some people think it's fake, considering they set out to DISPROVE hauntings of places. There has been so much material and so-called-evidence that most "hunters" would be quick to claim as being real and authentic, when these guys will shut it down and give logical explanations.

If it were fake don't you think they'd make it a little more interesting? There are periods when multiple episodes go by and not a damn thing happens. If it were scripted it would be like Most Haunted (barf) and there'd be "ghosts" every two seconds.

capncnut
    They are trained to pick up every single sound and image. If a rusty pipe is making a noise, I'm sure it's milked to full effect (as are dust specks and moths).

If they only faked one episode in the whole series, still makes them hoaxers.

Super Moderator

UK
    You mean those shows with it all in night vision and that Blue Peter woman screaming her head off because a fleck of dust passed the lense?

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

I'm not denying paranormal activity or whatever, but I think those shows are complete wank...and that Geordie bloke who does those 'spirit voice' translations is a total goon...numpty.

OMFGODZORZ!!!!!1111!!11!1!1!! A FLECK OF DUST! AN ORB!!! IT'S MOVING INDEPENDENTLY!!!

No...it's dust circling in the ambient breeze leaking in through a million holes because you're in a sh*tty old building with more open holes than Paris Hilton.

Aside from the fact there's a bunch of people in a room moving around and breathing everywhere, thus causing unsettled air.

Sit in a dark room on your own and it's quiet, you always hear something, floorboards creak due to heat, same goes for any technology like TVs (especially) you have in there, also the building itself will make it's own noises.

Now ... sh*t like that picture taken in the real Amityville house with some ghost kid poking it's evil face around a door frame, that sh*t wigs me out.

And as for people who take digital photographs somewhere 'scary' like a grave yard and then see 'orbs' ... CLEAN YOUR F*CKING LENS YOU NOBS! I've seen the same 'orbs' all over the photos of friends who never clean their lenses, sheesh!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nick, you're thinking of Most Haunted, not Ghost Hunters.

Capn, every time they capture an "orb" they trash the evidence. They know just as well as us that orbs are just specks of dust floating through the air. Also, they will usually take their EMF meters and test out wires to see if perhaps electrical fields can cause some of the "activity" people experience. They also experiment with recreating noises people think they hear.

United States
    well I live in providence RI and they are in warwick RI about 15 miles from me

i have met them and a friend of mines wife is on the show
    i wont say her name

they have a radio show every saturday night from 8-10 pm est
    http://beyondrealityradio.com/

I dont beleive they are fakes
    but they are what they are

they are ok guys who main function is to unclog your toilet
    as roto rooter men who have an interest in ghosts

yes they have a lot of toys but would I call them professional?
    not by any means, but they are making a name for themselves
    and enjoying it

they have never found anything that impressed me and I KNOW
    where there are haunted houses in providence and you dont need
    any fancy equipment to know it

they are not anywhere in the league of john zaffis or the late
    father malachi martin

i much as i am pleased they are doing what they want , i dont take them seriously and most people who live here dont either

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think there geniune blue collar guys with a passion for paranormal investigation, on the show they bitch at each other, go nuts when they find something they cant disprove and unlike most hunated can go a couple episodes at a time saying "no, this place isnt remotley haunted", love the show and the locations give you a cool look at that part of america, ill take it over a bleach haired tit screaming "whats tht sam" in a high pitched scouse accent in an empty room.

taps rules, **** derek acora. i have spoken *bangs imaginary hammer on desk*