Thread: 28 weeks later ending [spoilers]

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

28 weeks later ending [spoilers]

I know not really zombies....but zombie like....okay here is the question..I have not purchased the new DVD but I did see the movie twice. I was intrigued by the ending .....the helicopter pilot and two kids leave the UK and make it to paris....but did the helicopter crash.....did the little boy spread the disease in paris and cause the outbreak there or had it already spread by the time they landed or crash landed there? At the very end, I believe there are three figures running from zombies with the Tower as the back drop as these just random Parisians or are these the kids and the pilot? Maybe the new DVD will shed some light on this.

United States
    Nope, no light shed. I was wondering the same thing myself.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    no idea! will have to watch again but I hated it.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJD View Post
    I was intrigued by the ending .....the helicopter pilot and two kids leave the UK and make it to paris....but did the helicopter crash.....did the little boy spread the disease in paris and cause the outbreak there or had it already spread by the time they landed or crash landed there?
    Nope, the Infected made their way to Paris via the Channel Tunnel...
    Last edited by capncnut; 11-Oct-2007 at 04:36 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Nope, the Infected made their way to Paris via the Channel Tunnel...
    Nowhere does it actually state that. I myself have been under the impression that it was the kid that spread the infection.

The interesting thing about it though is since Paris is infected it will only be a short time until all of mainland Europe is infected. Then Russia, Asia, Africa, etc. I could see 28 Months Later (if that's what it ends up being called) dealing with most of the world being infected. Kind of like Day and Land of the Dead.
    Last edited by UndeadGuyX; 11-Oct-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadGuyX View Post
    Nowhere does it actually state that. I myself have been under the impression that it was the kid that spread the infection.

The interesting thing about it though is since Paris is infected it will only be a short time until all of mainland Europe is infected. Then Russia, Asia, Africa, etc. I could see 28 Months Later (if that's what it ends up being called) dealing with most of the world being infected. Kind of like Day and Land of the Dead.
    The helicopter at the end leaves you with the impression that the little boy infected France, and it went from there. Don't remember anything about the Chunnel. I would think they successfully blockaded it, or flooded it, or blew up up during the events in the first movie since it was isolated from the outside world. Interesting to think about....what happened to the Chunnel?

Australia
    It was the kid.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

capncnut
    At the end of the day, it was probably just a time skip, fast forwarding the results of the infection in Paris after the child landed there. I threw in the Chunnel theory because I felt it was a stone worth turning over.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadGuyX View Post
    I got the impression that was the point about the helicopter pilot's decision to break the regs. Sure he saved the poor little kid, but by doing so he infected the rest of the world.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    kid probably drank from the pilot's canteen and the guy might have drank after him and then said chopper might have crashed. hence spreading the infection to paris........

Undisclosed
    Chunnel? That's what you people call it over there? *L*

Undisclosed
    I never seen the movie, is this the right ending that was in the movie?

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Chunnel? That's what you people call it over there? *L*
    Over there? Sh*t, I'm on the same side of the Mississippi as you! I read its an English nickname, I heard it when I lived in Germany.