Thread: And his mother helped him buy the guns!! how sick!

United States

And his mother helped him buy the guns!! how sick!

On the news it said that the mother bought three of the guns for the kid! It also showed all the guns the kid has stockpiled! There are alot of guns!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/11/stu...=ib_topstories

If this kid would have been able to do what he planned another Columbine!

Scary!
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 12-Oct-2007 at 05:46 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    charges against the mother are likely. "I think you have a parent who has fallen down on the job in supervising the child, perhaps indulgent on the child because she knows he has issues."
    Unfathomable. If this child was much younger, I'd say she should lose custody, but at this point, the kid's probably screwed no matter what.

As an interesting side note...
    The 14-year-old is expected to appear in juvenile court Friday to face charges that could include making terroristic threats, criminal solicitation, weapons possession, and possession and manufacturing of weapons of mass destruction, police said.
    Either the article isn't specifying the "weapons of mass destruction" or there really is a new pussified (read: propagandized) version of the word out there. Will the government eventually be telling us that everyone with a gun is a "terrorist" and that M80s are I.E.D.s?
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 12-Oct-2007 at 05:55 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    That is truly awful.

United States

United States
    some parents buy things for thier kids we cant imagine

i know parents that buy drugs for their kids
    and i dont mean pot i mean hard stuff

so hearing she bought a gun for the kid isnt all that shocking

just really really messed up

i mean remember that mom in texas who wanted to kill that other girls mom
    over a cheerleading thing?
    she wanted to hire a hitman so her kid could be a cheerleader

this world has all kinds

Chasing Prey

Canada
    its in the middle of the country........not so uncommon for kids to have guns.

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    its in the middle of the country........not so uncommon for kids to have guns.
    Yes, and while she DID buy him guns, she didn't buy any ammo. I assume she meant for him to earn the money for ammo on his own?

M_
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Yes, and while she DID buy him guns, she didn't buy any ammo. I assume she meant for him to earn the money for ammo on his own?

M_

seriously. its not uncommon out here for a 9 year old to be in possesion of a few rifles for huting or otherwise

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    As a gun owner myself, I sympathize. I just found it ironic that the Mom is under arrest and she bought the guns and no ammo. So owning a gun, without the ammo for it, and having violent fantasies is about as common among teenaged boys as wet dreams.

M_
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

United States
    People the table full of AK's you saw on TV were all AIRSOFT. The kid had a single shot .22lr rifle, a Ruger .22lr pistol, and a 9mm semi-automatic rifle (no doubt a hipoint). http://www.mercurynews.com/nationworld/ci_7168675

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Either the article isn't specifying the "weapons of mass destruction" or there really is a new pussified (read: propagandized) version of the word out there. Will the government eventually be telling us that everyone with a gun is a "terrorist" and that M80s are I.E.D.s?
    I'm pretty sure in order for something to be considered a WMD it has to kill a minimal amount of something like 20 people. So this kid might have been making pipe bombs or something, which technically could kill 20 people if they were all gathered around it in a circle.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    and people bitch when a 14 year old makes his parents buy him a copy of vice city

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    People the table full of AK's you saw on TV were all AIRSOFT.
    It was covered in the original article that a number of the weapons were airsoft. The problems I, and think some others, have is with the real guns, the kid's complete access to them and the kid's lack of stability.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany