Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got some serious gaming ahead of me, people...

capncnut
    Been having a bash at Proving Ground and it's s**t hot actually. You'd love it, young Minion, as there's only three large interconnecting areas to open up. They have taken Philly from the Tony Hawk games of old and made it a massive new city but incorporating the old gaming area into it. And everyone should know, that's Bam's turf, biatches!

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    when are lionhead gonna finish fable 2?
    Dunno man but it's looking nifty already. They are saying it's Oblivion-esque in scale and that every shop, home and building has it's own mission. Crumbs!

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll get Proving Grounds when it's on a cheaper offer or something, gotta crack through Project 8 first, which is gonna take longer because - YAY - COD4 arrived about half an hour ago!

Geez am I spoiled for choice now! I've only done one of the two training missions on SCDA as well...dizzamn...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'll get Proving Grounds when it's on a cheaper offer or something, gotta crack through Project 8 first, which is gonna take longer because - YAY - COD4 arrived about half an hour ago!

Geez am I spoiled for choice now! I've only done one of the two training missions on SCDA as well...dizzamn...
    Definitely let me know how COD4 is. I was very tempted to pick it up while I was out last night but decided to wait and hear what it's like.

If you say it's good, i'll probably end up getting it tonight.

I heard COD3 wasn't very good, but I loved COD2...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    And everyone should know, that's Bam's turf, biatches!
    PFFFT. I live just outside of Philly and I'm always there. FDR Skate Park is not Bam's turf at all. He goes there a lot, sure, but most skaters there don't really like him.

The dude's a prick. We were doing a show there once and Bam pulled up in some fancy car and tried fighting my friend because he got too close to it. Well, then, maybe you shouldn't ****ing try to show off your stupid $100k car by parking it in the middle of a crowd of punks and skaters, moron.

EDIT: Maybe if he actually lived in the city, or possibly the burbs of the city, then he could somewhat say it's kind of like his turf. Or if maybe he helped out the group that upkeeps FDR and raises money to get it worked on.
    Last edited by MikePizzoff; 09-Nov-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah, i dont think its a secret to anyone that bam margera is cock of ron jeremy proportions.

Super Moderator

UK
    Am at the start of the fourth mission, but forced myself to come away to savour it for as long as possible.

So far it's bloody good, the first mission on the boat had my heart racing, especially at the end. The credits intro is really cool, and the first two proper missions (the boat is "prologue") are bloody good too. Lots of action, it feels good to play even on the joypad (I maintain that FPS games simply are best on PC's ultimately)...but yeah, I'm loving it.

It'd be a wise purchase methinks bassman, lots of sh*t going down, lots of action, drama, cinematic chaos - bloody good I say.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Am at the start of the fourth mission, but forced myself to come away to savour it for as long as possible.

So far it's bloody good, the first mission on the boat had my heart racing, especially at the end. The credits intro is really cool, and the first two proper missions (the boat is "prologue") are bloody good too. Lots of action, it feels good to play even on the joypad (I maintain that FPS games simply are best on PC's ultimately)...but yeah, I'm loving it.

It'd be a wise purchase methinks bassman, lots of sh*t going down, lots of action, drama, cinematic chaos - bloody good I say.
    Hmmm,i bet its a succulent delight on my PC! must.....resist.....till...payday!at which point crysis will be out as well,aaaaargh!plus ive still got other games i havent finished!gaming is a lot more relentless than it used to be with the sheer volume of decent titles getting released weekly!

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I highly recommend COD4, I think you'd love it Tricky.

In fact, I'm off to bosh around on it now...simply...cannot...resist...its...charms.

*runs off to SexBox*

...additional...

Well ... that's COD4 done and dusted, chaps.

My only gripe is that, as reviews have said, it's a bit on the short side...but by golly it's bloody superb when it's going. And of course, it's the sort of game you'll have to play a good few times just to soak in all the drama, all the action and all the sights.

No doubt some of these next gen titles are a bit on the short side due to space constraints on the discs, which is why this bloody next gen DVD war thing needs to hurry up and get settled.

But I guess it goes by as quickly as you allow it to, to some respect. I had bugger all to do this last 48 hours, so I just played COD4 constantly. Also, if you're playing it on a hard setting, you'll take a damn sight longer too no doubt.

It's addictive, that's why I just sat around playing it...complete a mission, then see how awesome the next one looks, then you think "I'll go to the checkpoint and then quit" ... then you go beyond that until you think "Oh I'll just finish the level then" ... and then the whole 'checkpoint' theory begins again, but you're just too much of a glutton to resist and you gorge yourself on the creamy goodness.

Anyway, back to COD4 - bloody brilliant and definitely very worth playing. The chaos, the scale, the drama, the story, the characters, the guns - everything is tip top. If you loved COD2, you'll cream over COD4 - nuff said really.

Oh, and wait the end credits out, because after those you get a short bonus mission where you have something like 5 minutes to complete your objective, and even as a bonus mission, it's bloody good.

I'll head back to Project 8 now, but I'll be back for more COD4 most certainly very soon.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 10-Nov-2007 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost