Thread: The *new* GTA:IV trailer...

Super Moderator

UK

The *new* GTA:IV trailer...

Still popping a boner for this game, interesting to actually see it with some 'in game' footage, you get a better feel for a game from that rather than just cinematic panning and swooping shots.

United States
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5jmbz4e4uyg

Theres an HD version. Looks sick!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hell yeah....when's this released, again? "Saint's Row" is beginning to loose it's appeal to me. I need GTAIV, man!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Still popping a boner for this game, interesting to actually see it with some 'in game' footage, you get a better feel for a game from that rather than just cinematic panning and swooping shots.
    Yeah, i can't get to excited over cgi fotage. Sony tries to do this alot except they insist it's actually real time footage. Still it looks intriguing. It's scheduled to ship on 10-16-07.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    lol bassman, remember that video of "Killzone 2" shown early on? "oh yeah that's in-game" - IT FLAT OUT ISN'T, it's all pre-res, it doesn't MOVE like a videogame, therefore it's flat out, blatantly NOT in-game.

There was a fuss over adverts for games here in the UK featuring all CGI footage and no in-game stuff, relating to a Call of Duty game in fact, can't remember which one, perhaps COD2...not sure, a console version anyway...I think...okay, back on point, a fuss was made and now if you have an advert like that you have to say "not in-game footage", otherwise I've seen many more adverts featuring actual in-game footage, which is what you want really.

Showing that CGI stuff just disappoints the gamer in the end of the day really, especially people who don't realise that current next gen doesn't look like that yet...and won't look like that for a few more generations...cor, one day though, eh?

Anyway, roll on GTA4. I have really enjoyed playing Saints Row, and in fact I will go back and play it some more after I'm done spoodgering over Crackdown and Gears of War, both of which I'm chipping away at slowly at the moment. I'm a pretty casual gamer these days, rather than the intense few-day thrash of a PC game I used to do, now I take a lot of time and just chip away, laid back...yeah...

United States
    The GTA IV trailer is not CG. It was entirely in-game, only cutscenes. Thats exactly what the game is going to look like when you're playing.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 28-Jun-2007 at 08:22 PM.

capncnut
    Yeah, I like the textures. Initially, it might not look like such a leap in technology but when considered that it's (as CR said) in-game footage, you can't grumble. This one's gonna be great!

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, you can tell it's in-game because it isn't quiiiiiiiite as impressive as the first trailer/initial screenshots. Some details are less present - such as his hands, they look nowhere near as good as that close up shot released a while back, at least not in the shot in the game...

However, it is looking great and it's gonna be a hell of a lot of fun. I can't wait to play it...I'd better crack on with more Saints Row, just farting about on it and such, before GTA4 comes along come to think of it, but I'm too distracted by GOW and Crackdown right now...damn Crackdown is a FUN game!

Undisclosed
    Awesome trailer man! i cant wait till it comes out!

Hey minion Z, i have GOW and Crack down we should play some time.

My gamer tags fallenunder.

Also do you have command and conqour 3?
    Last edited by Bubdotd; 29-Jun-2007 at 08:17 PM.

X-box live GT: Fallenunder

My myspace is www.myspace.com/epri

http://www.thelivingdead.informe.com/
    We're dead, We're all messed up...

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah I don't play online you see, one day I might get into it, but at the moment I'm just single-playering it for now, kinda casual gaming you know, it's what I was after having been a rabid PC gamer for a decade in which I'd intensely play a game through for a few days and then have a break for a month, but now I play a bit here and there when I can fit it in...mind you, I've been chomping at the bit for Crackdown these past few days, I'm such a whore for that game right now...I've gotten rid of Los Muertos and am now onto the red crowd, they're certainly tougher, but the rocket launcher is awesome, muahahaha!

I barely drive anywhere, I just roof-leap everywhere, the best freaking thing ever!

But aye, one day I'll get on live, but ain't there yet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its great,a int played much though but it seems all the hpotd guys on here on my buddy list all have halo, crackdown adn gears of war, theres an online games night in the making right thar'

Undisclosed
    I see well thats cool guys, crack down is tons of fun!

Oh and hellsing you can add me if you lke lol.

X-box live GT: Fallenunder

My myspace is www.myspace.com/epri

http://www.thelivingdead.informe.com/
    We're dead, We're all messed up...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

United States
    supposed to be another trailer dropping tomorrow (december 7th)...went and placed my pre-order today. latest news on a drop date is april 30, 2008....

that seems so far away...