Thread: Evans City Stories

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

Evans City Stories

Hi everyone. I've just wrapped up the script that is the first in a series of shorts that take place in or around Evans City directly proceeding the events of Night of the Living Dead. Each short of 5 to 15 minutes in length and I have 5 outlined and 1 scripted. The final products will be released to the net.

The plan is to shoot a new short every few months starting with the filming of the first episode in late Feb. So I'm looking for anyone in the Raleigh NC area who might be interested in helping out. We are still looking for an effect / makeup artist as well as general assistants. This is a no-budget production so we are looking for people who just love what they are doing.

If you are interested in helping, drop me a line at producer@evanscitystories.com

J.

United States
    Sounds like a cool concept. Good luck.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    Sounds great, but why call it Evans City Stories if it's a prequel to Night? Of course, it's where the film was shot, but Evans City isn't actually referenced in Night of the Living Dead. The fictitious town of Willard is mentioned, but it's not known where the farmhouse or Beekman's Diner is located.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Well, Evans City was mentioned in Night 90 which to be honest I prefer over Night 68 and let's not start another flame war about which is better, both are great films, the rest is personal preference!

When I say prequel to the events of Night of the Living Dead I don't necessarily mean it's a prequel to either Night 68 or Night 90. Just a prequel to the story of Night of the Living Dead. I'm not shackling myself to either film however throughout all of the stories, various characters from NOTLD will be referenced. In fact, Ben is in one of them.

But he won't be Ben from either film, he's just Ben.

Aint fiction and fan art grand!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Sounds great, but why call it Evans City Stories if it's a prequel to Night? .
    slightly late evening of the dead doesnt have the same ring to it, plus now i think about it, cant this be like "40 minutes befor the night of the living dead" since thats when they started to rise?

Quote Originally Posted by DrSiN View Post

Aint fiction and fan art grand!

....man, whe i typed in the mighty boosh on deviant art to find my avatar again i saw someone did some howard and old greg fan yaoi wich would beg to differ
    Last edited by Danny; 03-Jan-2008 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    pretty cool concept. at least you aren't doing another remake. good luck, looking forward to seeing it....i hope.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    slightly late evening of the dead doesnt have the same ring to it, plus now i think about it, cant this be like "40 minutes before the night of the living dead" since thats when they started to rise?
    Night '68 takes place at least 24 hours after the phenomena has begun. How about "The Day Before Night of The Living Dead"?

Well, Evans City was mentioned in Night 90 which to be honest I prefer over Night 68 and let's not start another flame war about which is better, both are great films, the rest is personal preference!
    It's your story, nobody is mentioning preference over either film (except you). Is it stated that Night 90 takes place in Evans City? I never noticed that before. All I do know is that the location continuity of Night '68 is screwed up due to Johnny & Barbra's conversation in the first scene.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    In Night 90, Cooper talks of Evans City being only 5 miles away.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    In Night 90, Cooper talks of Evans City being only 5 miles away.

"we can make evans city on friggin' (fcuking) fumes

thats a glaring over dub

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    "we can make evans city on friggin' (fcuking) fumes

thats a glaring over dub
    Do you mean they dubbed that line in after the fact just to mention Evans City?

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    While I start ramping up preproduction, I thought it would be fun to give a couple of regulars here a chance to read the first script. If your interested, drop me a message.