Thread: Cool Romero interview

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Cool Romero interview

I wasn't sure if this should be in the Diary Forum, but seeing as he's technically promoting the film, I put it in here.

This is an interview taken from the Sundance film festival in which Romero talks about Season of the Witch, Martin, the bad experience with Land(wasn't someone denying this?....), and of course, Diary.

http://blog.spout.com/2008/01/20/sun...george-romero/

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    wow nice find dude. great interview. george seems genuinely surprised to be asked a question about "season of the witch." always nice when interviewers don't ask the same 5 or 6 banal questions.

is it me or is the guy standing on the right side of the vid (george's left) a bit of dork and nowhere near as knowledgable about george as the guy on the right?
    Last edited by Mike70; 22-Jan-2008 at 02:40 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    I thought the guy on the right - while very knowledgeable - was falling into the pit of Jonathon Ross or Richard Madely, taking ages to ask a question or stating their own answer to a question they ask at the end.

But a minor grievance, just something I noticed.

Neat find Bassman, it's interesting to see Romero in different interviews, like on "Midnight Movies" he was really wide-eyed and all guns blazing and having a blast, but not so much here - mind you, he'd probably done so much talking and question answering he was a bit burned out, wouldn't blame him if so.

Interesting to hear him talk about Land hatred from some of the fans, wonder if he's been logging on and snooping around HPOTD seeing some of you lot bitchin' about his flick.

Also interesting what he was saying about Diary and how far he originally intended to go "under the radar". It's nice to see him sticking to his guns and getting to do what he wants to do, even if it takes him a long time to get there.

Undisclosed
    That was a cool interview. Is Season of the Witch any good? I've never heard of it before

United States
    Yeah, I saw this on the Diary Myspace page last night. Great interview.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Interesting to hear him talk about Land hatred from some of the fans, wonder if he's been logging on and snooping around HPOTD seeing some of you lot bitchin' about his flick.
    God I hope so, maybe he will do a better job next time!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezrick View Post
    That was a cool interview. Is Season of the Witch any good? I've never heard of it before
    meh. kinda, sorta, maybe? it isn't a movie that i would sit through again.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."