Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The *scariest?

Canada
    well Dawn 04 really is far more scary then Dawn 78'. I've never looked at the dead series as scary at all (except for Day, so I guess Day is my vote for scariest).

Dawn 78 is okay, I don't like it as much as I used too, it's a decent film, but fails as a horror movie. Night and Day are the two that most fit that bill in the series.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    My little sister is 21 now (was born when I was 18) she and some cousins that are about her age got together a few years back and watched my copy of DAWN 78 one night (at my suggestion, of course) and they basically found it to not be frightening at all, but (damn them) felt that DAWN 04 was totally frightening.
    To be honest I don't see the original Dawn scary at all just a really fun film.

Sure, running zombies are scary, but still...
    Maybe it's because I've only seen Dawn '04, but I'd hardly call the running scary.

I guess it is a figment of the age you see these things at. I personally think that Night 1968 is the scariest ever, but of course I saw that in grade school. Dawn came shortly after that, and that frightened me too. But, like some of our other posters have pointed out, you hit a certain age where scary movies just don't frighten you anymore, I guess.
    I agree. I remember seeing The Exorcist when I was little and being scared of it, but now seeing it again I actually find it....a little humorous and not as terrifying as it was when I watched as a young lad.

Night '90- 1
    Night- 2
    Dawn- 1
    Day- 3

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    But Dawn is creepy! There's lots o' blood! Whatever, that's my vote, and I'm stickin' to it! (And not the remake, what are you thinking?!)

England
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    But Dawn is creepy! There's lots o' blood! Whatever, that's my vote, and I'm stickin' to it! (And not the remake, what are you thinking?!)
    Agreed, in Dawn, we see the human race go from hunting zombies and trying to get things under control to a species that is probably on the verge of extinction with it's entire civilisation in ruins....does it get much scarier than that?

Dawn 04 is equally as terrifying....the human race ****ed over in a few days...weeks at most.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Christmas Island
    I gotta go with Day. Nothing beats it for its clautrophobic, nightmarish, bleak feel. Romero mentions in his commentary track that he was going for a spook-house feel to the movie and I think he succeeded very well with that, especially with the way the cave shots were constructed and Harrison's music support.