Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Wide?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    America has plenty of outback areas too....! I don't think Oz would fair any better than America....the UK would certainly be f**ked....the only people who'd survive would be hoodies with knives and mac10s....

I reckon I'd have a blast chopping people up....lol....

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I so seriously doubt you'd find anyone who'd let their family get eaten because they didn't want to use a gun to defend themselves...

Trouble is, other human beings are very rarely shambling, flesh eaters who atack in large numbers...and certainly not dead so gun ownership arguments don't fit into GARs dead world...

28 days later...!

Well, I understood the first part of your reply! I have no doubt about the willingness of family members using the things to defend their loved ones.....I was talking about immediate availability in the event of a living dead outbreak. How does this not fit into any aspect of GAR's dead world?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Man we need a film that takes place somewhere other than the US. Just for the kicks. Europe, South America, Africa, Asia. Anywhere! Antarctica?
    How about Bangkok or Amsterdam?
    Last edited by jim102016; 30-Dec-2007 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    I so seriously doubt you'd find anyone who'd let their family get eaten because they didn't want to use a gun to defend themselves...
    If our "heroes" don't own a gun, they're going to have a tough time using one to defend those families from being eaten.

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I've always thought Australia would fare well myself, lot's of open, uninhabbited space, those zacks would be dried out husks within a few days if they followed folks who headed into the outback.
    Unless of course the City dwellers didn't know how to survive in a desert enviroment. Then they just add to the Zed population.

M_
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

United States
    its global...definitely.

Land supports this with various news reports at the beginning in different languages...

Holy smokes! I completely forgot about that.....

Hmm...I actually wouldn't mind seeing the outbreak somewhere besides U.S.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I just imagined Tokyo full of zombies (like in WWZ). I need to hide... and tremble a lot.

Just been bitten

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Man we need a film that takes place somewhere other than the US. Just for the kicks. Europe, South America, Africa, Asia. Anywhere! Antarctica?
    Shaun of the Dead was made in the UK and set in London. The zombies even follow Romero rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    Unless of course the City dwellers didn't know how to survive in a desert enviroment. Then they just add to the Zed population.
    Australia is one of the most urbanized countries on the planet (exlcuding city-states like Hong Kong). I doudbt the average Syndeysider would be able to survive in the Outback.
    Last edited by hadrian0117; 13-Feb-2008 at 10:06 PM.
    God is Santa Claus for adults

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Yes, it "began" in the eastern part of the U.S. and spread outwards from there until it was a pandemic.
    It is actually said to have begun in the southeastern part of the United States in NIGHT, I believe Louisiana. By the third day of the crisis, it has spread as far west as Galveston, TX.

Of course, this is all based on news copy written by commentator Chuck Craig and was never intended to be taken as living dead canon, but there you go.

United States
    Personally I don't think it really matters where it started only that it started at all and that it would most likely end spreading everywhere at least on some level. Though, I do see the possibility that people could either eradicate the problem after it spread there or stop it from spreading to that area in the first place if people would just work together. This only applies if the zombie pandemic is a virus, chemical, radiation, or anything else that can start in one area and spread to another because if you turn into a zombie no matter how you die it will most likely happen everywhere at the exact same time you may only get reports about it from different areas at different times.
    Where are you going to be and what are you going to do when the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse comes to be?