Thread: Why did i not know about this?

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

Why did i not know about this?

I love "The Warriors" so much, so it came as a surprise this morning when i found this:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0423512/

They remaking it....

This is one remake i would gladly see...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't see the need for it. I just discovered the original, and there is noway they can top it. I hope they put an original and intriguing spin on it, and make a film in the Vein of The Warriors, rather than just remaking it with modern technology.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    From what i heard, it's the same story but set it Los Angeles with real gang members..

oh, this is gonna be interesting

capncnut
    I'll be honest Cyk, I'd take that with a large pinch of salt. Rumours about the real gang Warriors remake have been spun since 2006 and still no cast has been announced. That IMDb entry was last updated late last year too.

Uber dubious.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    From what i heard, it's the same story but set it Los Angeles with real gang members..

oh, this is gonna be interesting

now that should be some high quality entertainment.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I bet, like just about every other remake, it's geared toward the MTV audience. It will probably include nothing but guns, rap music, corny over-rated actors, and really bad dialogue (worse than the original). I bet all of the gangs are really boring straight-up thug gangs and pretty much identical to each other. There will probably also be a dancing gang ala You Got Served.

The Warriors is one of my favorite movies of all time... I'm just as pissed about this being remade as I was back when Dawn 04 was in production.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I bet, like just about every other remake, it's geared toward the MTV audience. It will probably include nothing but guns, rap music, corny over-rated actors, and really bad dialogue (worse than the original). I bet all of the gangs are really boring straight-up thug gangs and pretty much identical to each other. There will probably also be a dancing gang ala You Got Served.

The Warriors is one of my favorite movies of all time... I'm just as pissed about this being remade as I was back when Dawn 04 was in production.
    Same here man, the original is fine and should be left alone. It was made at the right time and in the right way, you can't recapture that.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, why can't they remake sh*t movies and make something better than what came before? Like Drive-In Massacre - that movie sucks f*cking copious goat balls, but the premise could be brought up to date and you could make a better movie from it - as long as it wasn't just slapping MTV lube over f*cking everything in that really uninspired, pandering, self-aware ghey way.

England
    You can't remake this movie, it's firmly set in it's day....and the folks who say it will be full of guns are spot on.

Give me "the baseball furies" any day of the week.

Another classic is about to be horribly raped it seems.

I supose "The Wanderers" will be next.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Chasing Prey

Canada
    it's been in developmental hell for 5 years.

and yes im back. had a few beers last night and im fine

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    cool for you.