Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting...NO Diary sequel?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Ummm, it is not Dawn 2. The film is Army of the Dead, and stop ragging on the man and his first film effort because it runs circles around LAND any day of the week.

Ooo-Wah-ah-ah-ah!!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    Ooo-Wah-ah-ah-ah!!
    "Hey, get Burt Reynolds!"

That place were you went that time and you thought it sucked too.
    Undisclosed
    OK, I've been out of the loop for awhile. Whats the word on this Army of the Dead film, first I've heard of it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Head Shotz View Post
    OK, I've been out of the loop for awhile. Whats the word on this Army of the Dead film, first I've heard of it.
    I think it's a semi- sequel to "Hack" Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ_Sevin View Post
    The Tarzan news isn't news -- George has been calling a faithful adaptation of the Burroughs novel his dream project for a decade, if not longer. Because we're all a bunch of headbanging gorehounds, we tend to think George is, too. He's not -- we're talking about someone who adores TALES OF HOFFMAN and Kurt Vonnegut -- he got typed into the Zombie Guy role and has longed to break out. Too bad he never really got the chance.
    Unfortunetely, a "faithful adaptation" of ERB's original Tarzan novel would have him "lynching" black folks for fun...I can hear the screams of outrage/indignation, and the accusations of "hate crimes" already...
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Not to sound too cinical, but I hope Romero has enough time to actually make a sequel to this film if he actually decides to take a break.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Geophyrd View Post
    What would you like Romero to do? A romantic comedy? I stand by my earlier observation (well, several days ago), everytime George does something non-dead related, it usually sucks.
    I don't know, Geo, I sort of liked some of his non-dead work. Knightriders, for instance, I think was well done. Same for Martin, a nice, taut psychological thriller. Jack's Wife (Season of the Witch) and There's Always Vanilla are ok, maybe not in the same class as Martin, but ok. Bruiser felt a little bloated, I'd have to agree, but holds it's own against comparable efforts by other directors.

Personally I would not mind seeing a GAR directed romantic comedy. Though I pretty much loathe that genre, it would indeed be interesting to see what GAR would do with it.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    I <3 Knightriders.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."