Thread: A Possible Cause (Ignore the Religious Crap)

United States

A Possible Cause (Ignore the Religious Crap)

I happened upon this, when searching for causes to our little ghoul problem:

http://www.geocities.com/mw0440/earth.html

It's full of mystic mumbojumbo, but ignore the main premise that the article is about. Apply the living dead to it instead.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Okay....aside from the large amounts of bullsh*t that I just read, what does this have to do with zombies, again?

United States
    It offers a reason for the planet's axis to shift. This, in turn, causes that "electrical disturbance" I was talking about before, which, in turn, affects the brains of the creatures on the planet. They apply it to "higher consciousness" for living things, but disregard that. What do you suppose it could do to dead things? That's right, reanimate the brains...then it's lunchtime.

In fact, I just had an idea to apply these principles to the dinosaur extinction...there may be a connection.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    It offers a reason for the planet's axis to shift. This, in turn, causes that "electrical disturbance" I was talking about before, which, in turn, affects the brains of the creatures on the planet. They apply it to "higher consciousness" for living things, but disregard that. What do you suppose it could do to dead things? That's right, reanimate the brains...then it's lunchtime.

Now I see what you're talking about, but I prefer Romero's stance that we don't know why the dead rise and we shouldnt.

Damn, dude. You could have typed that paragraph in your original post and I wouldn't have had to read all of that stupid end of the world sh*t!

England
    I've never been bothered about what makes the dead rise, I love the confusion in the films, chemicals, disease, judgement day, venus probes etc.

I know it isn't GAR, but the start of Dawn 04 is beautiful when thinking in this mode....that government guy taking questions just keeps saying "we don't know" - You get real sense of how fvcked up the situation is.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post

I know it isn't GAR, but the start of Dawn 04 is beautiful when thinking in this mode....that government guy taking questions just keeps saying "we don't know" - You get real sense of how fvcked up the situation is.
    aye the first 15 odd minutes of that rocked, shame about the following movie though.

Ireland
    Personally I think it would be an earthbound Virus such as HIV or AIDS or any of the others that have magically poped up over the past two thousad years. Some sort of defence mechinism from the earth herself to control thepopulation of all these small frail life forms that pollute her seas and skys alike and clearcut her trees and rent holes in her surface bleeding her dry of oil and the like. Not trying to be all tree huggerish and crap bu where else do these diseases come from? and how long till the mother of all the Z virus hits???
    People don't go to hell for doing bad things, they go to hell for doing NOTHING.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    aye the first 15 odd minutes of that rocked, shame about the following movie though.
    Agree brother. 15 minutes of pure zombie goodness, the rest sucked ass with maybe the exception of the celebrity shooting bit
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Celebrities are all zombies, anyway.
    This is post 23.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I've never been bothered about what makes the dead rise, I love the confusion in the films, chemicals, disease, judgement day, venus probes etc.

While they left it vague in the films - they did go with the scientific explaination early on (venus probe) in the Latent image press kit.

Kinda makes you wonder if the Kecksburg PA UFO/satellite crash back in 1965 had any influence/inspiration.

Undisclosed
    I agree, the unknown thing always seemed to work best. I mean the most I think Romero has said on a cause is that something has gone wrong and the rules have changed so the dead don't stay dead. What causes that is up for debate.